Texans President Jamey Rootes leaving organization

ET80

Per 610.

An original executive from the Expansion-era Texans, Rootes has managed the business operations of the team since inception and was viewed as the right hand man of Bob McNair.

It was widely reported that Rootes was looking to leave after Cal McNair eschewed his recommendations for GM; Rootes and executive search firm Korn Ferry provided a listing of candidates and McNair chose to go with Nick Caserio, the recommendation of the EVP of Football Ops, Jack Easterby.

Rootes is largely given credit for the consecutive sellout streak the team has as well as the friendly relationships with large corporate sponsors such as NRG, BHP Billiton and Amegy Bank. 

Greg Grissom will now assume the role of President of the Houston Texans. People close to Rootes say he will take six months before taking on his next assignment.

Has this ever happened in the NFL before? Has a team been taken over by some petty minion with aspirations of grandeur? This is so bizarre.

Cal, if owning the Texans is such a burden for you, just sell the team to some other billionaire and enjoy the infinite money with no responsibility. It's incredibly obvious that running the Texans doesn't interest you, and your taste in minions is terrible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texans02 said:

Has this ever happened in the NFL before? Has a team been taken over by some petty minion with aspirations of grandeur? This is so bizarre.

Bruce Allen in Washington? That's all I can think of...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s not like we had this super bowl caliber franchise. We’ve got a franchise that’s never even been to the AFC championship. As far as I’m concerned they can clear the entire house. 

Rootes wasn't involved in football operations - he was the guy behind business operations, the guy who made this franchise the 10th most valuable franchise in football:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2020/09/10/the-nfls-most-valuable-teams-2020-how-much-is-your-favorite-team-worth/?sh=53477e72ba49

So, I'm not sure if removing him helps anyone.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, ET80 said:

Rootes wasn't involved in football operations - he was the guy behind business operations, the guy who made this franchise the 10th most valuable franchise in football:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2020/09/10/the-nfls-most-valuable-teams-2020-how-much-is-your-favorite-team-worth/?sh=53477e72ba49

So, I'm not sure if removing him helps anyone.

If Cal’s RBIs oblivious, an empty NRG will hopefully get his or Janice’s attention. I know the handful of my friends that were season ticket holders that have given up their tickets.