Texans President Jamey Rootes has Resigned

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Haha...sorry not funny just thought the same when I read the tweet.

That's absolutely, 100% on the table. At this point, it's hilarious - I'm laughing my arse off while dusting off my Rockets gear.

As long as Easterby is here, I'm out. I'll mock them (relentlessly, at that) here, but I'd rather spend my money on other teams in Houston - Rockets, Astros, the Sugar Land Skeeters, Houston Sabercats Rugby, Houston Roughnecks of the XFL, UH Sports...

Between going to games and getting stuff for my wife/kids, I'd drop $2-3k on Texans stuff. That came to an end once Easterby got his stay of execution.

It's not much money to the team, but you take me and multiply me by a million or so...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man....this organization is just going straight down to the bottom so fast.

Clearly lines were drawn and Easterby's side won so now the people are bailing from the organization. I wouldn't be surprised more resign or get let go because they arent on the same side as easterby. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. We can all look like idiots if Easterby's side becomes a dominant franchise long term and we have been calling this a circus or we can be right and just watch the flames get bigger until ownership has to clear house completely.

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Whereas some fans escape on the lifeboat from their team's sinking ship using a young Trevor Lawrence for personal gain ;)

1ed8c040-1f9b-0134-9317-0ad17316e277.gif

I spent FIFTY YEARS on that ship.  I'd say I earned my place in a lifeboat.  Furthermore, I jumped to a ship that hasn't been anywhere near as successful as the Vikings have been.  I like the way the Jaguars are rebuilding, and I like them for a variety of reasons.  Things could go well for them, but based on past history, their boat could sink much faster than that of the Vikings.  Trevor Lawrence is obviously a good quarterback, but it takes more than a QB to win it all.  The Jags were 1-15 without him.  Just adding Trevor isn't going to get them to the top of the hill.  They are going to make a LOT of good decisions after that to turn things around completely.

By the way, my post above was not intended as an insult to the Texans.  It was an "I feel your pain" message.

Edited by Uncle Buck

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Jack Easterby having that much power and say with the organization is just insane to me.

Wish I could ask Cal, why?

Theres a lot of blame for Easterboy, and it's deserved. However speaking to your last comment there, McNair deserves just as much IMO

• Like 2

The progression of the Texan's handling of Watson and the organization:

Making a big trade for Watson on draft day:

giphy.gif

Rolling into the season after a tough loss against the Super Bowl Champs:

a2fce2da78784b66f3ed1edbb9bd7d0a.gif

Giving BOB unquestioned/challenged authority:

200.gif

Trading Hopkins and the Tunsil trade:

giphy.gif

Current status:

200.gif

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The progression of the Texan's handling of Watson and the organization:

Making a big trade for Watson on draft day:

giphy.gif

Rolling into the season after a tough loss against the Super Bowl Champs:

a2fce2da78784b66f3ed1edbb9bd7d0a.gif

Giving BOB unquestioned/challenged authority:

200.gif

Trading Hopkins and the Tunsil trade:

giphy.gif

Current status:

200.gif

How long did this take you?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

We can all look like idiots if Easterby's side becomes a dominant franchise long term and we have been calling this a circus or we can be right and just watch the flames get bigger until ownership has to clear house completely.

I have a better chance of hitting the Powerball back-to-back-to-back-to-back...

...so if the Texans go 10-6, I'm liquidating all of my investments and buying a ton of tickets.