Texans President Jamey Rootes has Resigned

AFlaccoSeagulls

30 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Theres a lot of blame for Easterboy, and it's deserved. However speaking to your last comment there, McNair deserves just as much IMO

I'll take it further - Cal deserves ALL of the blame. Easterby is an idiot, anyone who watches his crap stand up comedy/sermon could tell you that.

So, the guy trusting him with a billion dollar organization? You have to think that guy is the bigger idiot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

*shrug*

Say goodbye to NRG, Amegy Bank/Zions Bancorporarion, BHP Billiton, etc. Say goodbye to the consecutive sellout streak.

It's reported that Rootes was looking to leave the Texans after his work efforts with GM search firm Korn Ferry was thrown out when Cal McNair chose to hire Nick Caserio... On Jack Easterby's recommendation.

Rootes was the guy who built the 32nd franchise into one of the 10 most valuable franchises in the NFL - his loss will lead to a pretty sharp decline in the revenue brought in by the Texans.

I hope the culture coach has $5b to cover this potential loss...

How they gonna hire Korn Ferry and then not use them? Korn Ferry only works with one sports team a year.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

How they gonna hire Korn Ferry and then not use them? Korn Ferry only works with one sports team a year.

*Shrug*

Dunno. In essence, Cal took a match and set $750,000 on fire...

the dark knight joker GIF

So I guess Cal is The Joker?

Just now, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

Dunno. In essence, Cal took a match and set $750,000 on fire...

the dark knight joker GIF

So I guess Cal is The Joker?

In essence, Cal pissed off one of the most renowned search firms out there. If my wife ever got a job with them, I could quit my job and just chill at home every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

In essence, Cal pissed off one of the most renowned search firms out there. If my wife ever got a job with them, I could quit my job and just chill at home every day.

Cal either doesn't care, or is too stupid to understand the impact of decisions.

For the man known as "Tommy Boy" inside the Texans organization, I'm banking on the latter.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Cal either doesn't care, or is too stupid to understand the impact of decisions.

For the man known as "Tommy Boy" inside the Texans organization, I'm banking on the latter.

Disrespect to Tommy Callahan tbh. That guy could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Disrespect to Tommy Callahan tbh. That guy could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

Agreed

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

DONT SPEAK ILL OF THE GREATLY DEPARTED TOM CALLIHAN JR

chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

• Like 3

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Clearly lines were drawn and Easterby's side won so now the people are bailing from the organization. I wouldn't be surprised more resign or get let go because they arent on the same side as easterby. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. We can all look like idiots if Easterby's side becomes a dominant franchise long term and we have been calling this a circus or we can be right and just watch the flames get bigger until ownership has to clear house completely.

A weird part of me wants Glorious Leader Easterby to build a dominant franchise in his image, just for the pure chaos factor of it.  None of us would see it coming!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

A weird part of me wants Glorious Leader Easterby to build a dominant franchise in his image, just for the pure chaos factor of it.  None of us would see it coming!

I'd be so conflicted on that... No joke, part of me would be excited to the point of insufferable. Part of me would feel dirty calling Easterby the architect of a juggernaut.

I'd both love and hate this.

From the ESPN article on the topic:

"The changes to the organization came after quarterback Deshaun Watson had said at the end of the season that the Texans have 'no real foundation' and need a 'whole culture shift.'

Although Watson has requested a trade, it appears that the Texans are trying to address those concerns."

Swing and a miss, ESPN. Maybe ESPN needs to read the SI articles and get up to speed on the Texans before writing something that patently clueless. No one who understands the situation could describe letting Easterby run off anyone who isn't loyal to him as "addressing Deshaun's concerns".

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 1