Jump to content

Broncos cut CB AJ Bouye


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, braylon said:

Was he just overpaid or is he washed?

Little bit of both. IMO he'd be fine as a #2 but no longer is a #1 corner. Had a high price tag with no dead cap along with an upcoming 4 game suspension next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Little bit of both. IMO he'd be fine as a #2 but no longer is a #1 corner. Had a high price tag with no dead cap along with an upcoming 4 game suspension next year.

Would you be comfortable with him being a #1 in a pinch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Would you be comfortable with him being a #1 in a pinch?

In a pinch, I guess... but if you're in a pinch it probably means you don't have any great options anyways. I wouldn't expect him to shut down his guy or anything. He won't be a sieve but won't be a difference maker either. I'd say at this point he's an average #2 corner where his best matchup is against bigger WRs. 

It's also a little difficult to judge this past season for him. He got injured week 1, came back for a week then was out for a concussion, then was suspended. At age 29, did he have bad luck this year, or is it a sign of his regression. In this case, I'm feeling its the latter. 

And to somewhat correct myself, I think he only has 1 or 2 games left on his suspension next year... not 4 that I mentioned earlier. 

Edited by grizmo78
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

In a pinch, I guess... but if you're in a pinch it probably means you don't have any great options anyways. I wouldn't expect him to shut down his guy or anything. He won't be a sieve but won't be a difference maker either. I'd say at this point he's an average #2 corner where his best matchup is against bigger WRs. 

It's also a little difficult to judge this past season for him. He got injured week 1, came back for a week then was out for a concussion, then was suspended. At age 29, did he have bad luck this year, or is it a sign of his regression. In this case, I'm feeling its the latter. 

And to somewhat correct myself, I think he only has 1 or 2 games left on his suspension next year... not 4 that I mentioned earlier. 

So there is a possibility that with a fresh start in a new place and an offseason to heal, he could revert back to at least his 2018 form?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So there is a possibility that with a fresh start in a new place and an offseason to heal, he could revert back to at least his 2018 form?

I think thats always the question with aging players who also have had recent injuries. Is it a possibility? Sure... but also, it has been a few years since he has been a great corner with additional injuries since then along with PED use. If he was to sign for a 1 year and 1 mil? yeah, worth the risk. But 1 year 12 mil, not worth that risk. Personally, I think he is best as a #3 corner where the #2 is a strong slot player. I doubt he'll want to play for #3 corner money and isn't a special teams player either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, grizmo78 said:

Little bit of both. IMO he'd be fine as a #2 but no longer is a #1 corner. Had a high price tag with no dead cap along with an upcoming 4 game suspension next year.

Was he ever even really a true #1 corner? Even at his absolute peak, he was playing as part of a stacked secondary behind a true #1 cb. 
 

Could argue he was on the fringes of that as a serviceable #1 for a while maybe. Or at least the results were there in the right situation. But dropping off to a decent #2 doesn’t even really seem like that big a gulf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...