Broncos cut CB AJ Bouye

.Buzz

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Would you be comfortable with him being a #1 in a pinch?

In a pinch, I guess... but if you're in a pinch it probably means you don't have any great options anyways. I wouldn't expect him to shut down his guy or anything. He won't be a sieve but won't be a difference maker either. I'd say at this point he's an average #2 corner where his best matchup is against bigger WRs. 

It's also a little difficult to judge this past season for him. He got injured week 1, came back for a week then was out for a concussion, then was suspended. At age 29, did he have bad luck this year, or is it a sign of his regression. In this case, I'm feeling its the latter. 

And to somewhat correct myself, I think he only has 1 or 2 games left on his suspension next year... not 4 that I mentioned earlier. 

Edited by grizmo78

33 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

In a pinch, I guess... but if you're in a pinch it probably means you don't have any great options anyways. I wouldn't expect him to shut down his guy or anything. He won't be a sieve but won't be a difference maker either. I'd say at this point he's an average #2 corner where his best matchup is against bigger WRs. 

It's also a little difficult to judge this past season for him. He got injured week 1, came back for a week then was out for a concussion, then was suspended. At age 29, did he have bad luck this year, or is it a sign of his regression. In this case, I'm feeling its the latter. 

And to somewhat correct myself, I think he only has 1 or 2 games left on his suspension next year... not 4 that I mentioned earlier. 

So there is a possibility that with a fresh start in a new place and an offseason to heal, he could revert back to at least his 2018 form?

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So there is a possibility that with a fresh start in a new place and an offseason to heal, he could revert back to at least his 2018 form?

I think thats always the question with aging players who also have had recent injuries. Is it a possibility? Sure... but also, it has been a few years since he has been a great corner with additional injuries since then along with PED use. If he was to sign for a 1 year and 1 mil? yeah, worth the risk. But 1 year 12 mil, not worth that risk. Personally, I think he is best as a #3 corner where the #2 is a strong slot player. I doubt he'll want to play for #3 corner money and isn't a special teams player either.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, grizmo78 said:

Little bit of both. IMO he'd be fine as a #2 but no longer is a #1 corner. Had a high price tag with no dead cap along with an upcoming 4 game suspension next year.

Was he ever even really a true #1 corner? Even at his absolute peak, he was playing as part of a stacked secondary behind a true #1 cb. 

Could argue he was on the fringes of that as a serviceable #1 for a while maybe. Or at least the results were there in the right situation. But dropping off to a decent #2 doesn’t even really seem like that big a gulf.