Jump to content

2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS


Recommended Posts

Who do you want the Lions to draft? 

 

I am starting to develop major draft crushes on Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson and Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State. 

- Rodgers: Watching his tape all I can think of is that his floor appears to be Golden Tate and his ceiling is OBJ. He has a 75% catch rate which is likely due to getting a lot of screen passes but the dude just seems to have magnets in his hands, catches everything and makes plays after the catch. He's going to be a stud at the short and intermediate level but he also has the explosiveness and athleticism to make plays deep on the ball. Good route runner. He's currently in the 3rd-4th round range at the moment but it wouldn't shock me to see him rise up into the 2nd round. 5'10, 210 lbs. He makes some sick circus catches with incredible body control. 

- Wallace: He just makes plays down the field. Explosive threat. We need someone to stretch the field and allow our guys underneath to feast on a quick passing attack. 

 

I have a list of a few other guys that I just keep running into on mocks but these two are standing out as guys I like a lot so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in the process, these are some guys who are either popping off on film and/or guys that I'm finding I'm leaning towards when I do the mock simulators (kind of sad but this is at least a daily occurrence, sometimes multiple times a day). 

WR

- Amari Rodgers, Clemson (2nd - 3rd) - See above. Big, big fan.

- Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State (2nd - 3rd) - See above

- Brennan Eagles, Texas (5th - 6th) - 6'4, 229 lbs (big body), highly highly athletic as a recruit (4.51 40, 3.99 ss, 37 inch vert at 6'4, 214 coming out of HS). Deep ball weapon, hands catcher, just plucks the ball out of the air. Had two years of moderate but not crazy production. I wonder if Ehlinger held him back from bigger numbers. On first watch, he feels like Could be Collin Johnson 2.0 - big bodied guy that will be better as a pro. 

LB

- Jabril Cox, WLB, LSU (transferred from North Dakota State): This dude is a ballhawk. In the two videos that I watched (NDSU and LSU), I think he had 4 pick sixes, another 3-4 INT's; made some big hits. He's a former quarterback so he is probably still developing at the position. 6'3, 233 lbs so he has good size for what we'd need. Appears to be highly athletic. Our new coach, Sheppard, will be very familiar with this guy which will help the transition.  Big, big fan. 

S

- Richie Grant, UCF: Just seemed to always be making plays and was a tone setter even though he'll probably play more at FS. He wasn't as much of a ballhawk as I would've liked when watching the tape (only has 1 career INT). Still, he's a guy that made a ton of plays and brought attitude to the defense. 

 

Edited by Karnage84
Link to post
Share on other sites

My draft crushes to this point are (I'll avoid projected first round picks):

D'Wayne Eskridge WR Western Michigan

Jaret Patterson HB Buffalo

Pete Werner LB Ohio State

Aaron Robinson CB Central Florida

Quinn Meinerz IOL Wisconsin-Whitewater

Jaylon Moore OL Western Michigan

Rhamondre Stevenson HB Oklahoma

Joe Tryon EDGE Washington

Davis Mills QB Stanford

Tommy Tremble TE/FB Notre Dame

Chris Rumph LB Duke

There are plenty of others I like, but those are guys who have stood out to me thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Who do you want the Lions to draft? 

 

I am starting to develop major draft crushes on Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson and Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State. 

- Rodgers: Watching his tape all I can think of is that his floor appears to be Golden Tate and his ceiling is OBJ. He has a 75% catch rate which is likely due to getting a lot of screen passes but the dude just seems to have magnets in his hands, catches everything and makes plays after the catch. He's going to be a stud at the short and intermediate level but he also has the explosiveness and athleticism to make plays deep on the ball. Good route runner. He's currently in the 3rd-4th round range at the moment but it wouldn't shock me to see him rise up into the 2nd round. 5'10, 210 lbs. He makes some sick circus catches with incredible body control. 

- Wallace: He just makes plays down the field. Explosive threat. We need someone to stretch the field and allow our guys underneath to feast on a quick passing attack. 

 

I have a list of a few other guys that I just keep running into on mocks but these two are standing out as guys I like a lot so far. 

I like both of these guys a lot too.  I mocked Wallace in my trade draft.  Your’re right he makes plays all over.  He reminds me of Lockett in Seattle a bit.  I

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One guy I really like from the little I see is Hufanga from USC.  That dude just reminds me of a polamalu, cam chancellor type player.  I’ve got to watch him a bit more as he might be a bit slow and stiff but he’s definitely a tone setter and I’d love to pair him with Walker manning the Free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

One guy I really like from the little I see is Hufanga from USC.  That dude just reminds me of a polamalu, cam chancellor type player.  I’ve got to watch him a bit more as he might be a bit slow and stiff but he’s definitely a tone setter and I’d love to pair him with Walker manning the Free.

 

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

At this point in the process, these are some guys who are either popping off on film and/or guys that I'm finding I'm leaning towards when I do the mock simulators (kind of sad but this is at least a daily occurrence, sometimes multiple times a day). 

WR

- Amari Rodgers, Clemson (2nd - 3rd) - See above. Big, big fan.

- Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State (2nd - 3rd) - See above

LB

- Jabril Cox, WLB, LSU (transferred from North Dakota State): This dude is a ballhawk. In the two videos that I watched (NDSU and LSU), I think he had 4 pick sixes, another 3-4 INT's; made some big hits. He's a former quarterback so he is probably still developing at the position. 6'3, 233 lbs so he has good size for what we'd need. Appears to be highly athletic. Our new coach, Sheppard, will be very familiar with this guy which will help the transition.  Big, big fan. 

S

- Richie Grant, UCF: Just seemed to always be making plays and was a tone setter even though he'll probably play more at FS. He wasn't as much of a ballhawk as I would've liked when watching the tape (only has 1 career INT). Still, he's a guy that made a ton of plays and brought attitude to the defense. 

 

i like jabril and grant as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I know we like Najee. but how about  KENNETH GAINWELL ?

I haven't started on RB's. I feel super behind this year but internet mock drafts aren't going to pay the bills.... what can ya do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 10:24 PM, NFL_Fan said:

what do yuo guys think of nick bolton?

Everyone seems to love the guy.  the first game I saw he was flying all over making plays, then I watched another game and he was flying all over...but he was missing tackles and getting blocked out of plays consistently.  I think he's a mid 2nd round talent that will get pushed up to the 1st.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot take:

Ja'Marr Chase is good at football. 

Just watched his highlights from 2019. Makes plays on screens, slants, intermediate, deep throws. Great run after the catch and tackle breaking ability. Has this really nice burst after the catch that can turn a 5 yard catch into a 25 yard TD. Has protypical size at 6'1, 208 lbs. I'm getting Deandre Hopkins vibes from him. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Hot take:

Ja'Marr Chase is good at football. 

Just watched his highlights from 2019. Makes plays on screens, slants, intermediate, deep throws. Great run after the catch and tackle breaking ability. Has this really nice burst after the catch that can turn a 5 yard catch into a 25 yard TD. Has protypical size at 6'1, 208 lbs. I'm getting Deandre Hopkins vibes from him. 

 

He is easily my top WR.  People forget and have recency bias with Smith's season but Chase has the size and athleticism to translate.  He is the only WR I really would be ok with at 7.  However I expect he is gone by then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My focus has been interior D lineman and pass rushers.  I am high on Davyion Nixon and Alim McNeill.  I also like Barrmore but dont think he is worth 7 and likely wont be there in round 2 for us so he could be a target in a trade down scenario.  Jalen Twyman has seemed to fall in mocks given he opted out but likely will move back up with workouts.  I also like Shelvin and Onwuzurike.  I really hope we walk away with at least one of these guys in the first three rounds but wouldn't be mad if we double dip given DT is such a cluster on our team.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My focus has been interior D lineman and pass rushers.  I am high on Davyion Nixon and Alim McNeill.  I also like Barrmore but dont think he is worth 7 and likely wont be there in round 2 for us so he could be a target in a trade down scenario.  Jalen Twyman has seemed to fall in mocks given he opted out but likely will move back up with workouts.  I also like Shelvin and Onwuzurike.  I really hope we walk away with at least one of these guys in the first three rounds but wouldn't be mad if we double dip given DT is such a cluster on our team.  

 

Would you want two guys with similar styles/builds to add depth (say, 3T) or add different abilities (1T AND 3T)/body styles? How confident would you be having two rookies starting on the interior?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...