2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Except that was one of his strengths.  His versatility and great play in rushing the passer, coverage, and run instincts is why he is a top prospect.  He is a 3 down LB because he can do all things which allows him to rush the QB on 3rd or drop into coverage. 

can you link even one clip of parsons showing high grade for pass coverage skills? 

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Except that was one of his strengths.  His versatility and great play in rushing the passer, coverage, and run instincts is why he is a top prospect.  He is a 3 down LB because he can do all things which allows him to rush the QB on 3rd or drop into coverage. 

I like Parsons but this sounds like a cut and paste from an uninformed scouting report.  He’s not very good in coverage, at least he hasn’t shown it on tape yet.  He has some underneath zone capabilities mostly due to raw athleticism and aggressive nature.  His run instincts are actually piss poor.  If he has a planned assignment/gap to attack he’s a monster but read and react skills are sub par.  He gets killed by misdirection repeatedly.  He’s a great blitzer but his edge rushing ability is a bit overrated due to his original position being the #1 ranked edge rusher coming out of high school.  Now a lot of his weaknesses are mental and he’s only been playing off ball in space for 2 years.  Not getting to see how he may have improved these areas due to his opt out makes him very difficult to evaluate as a true Mike.  Still the potential and upside is threw the roof.

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

I like Parsons but this sounds like a cut and paste from an uninformed scouting report.  He’s not very good in coverage, at least he hasn’t shown it on tape yet.  He has some underneath zone capabilities mostly due to raw athleticism and aggressive nature.  His run instincts are actually piss poor.  If he has a planned assignment/gap to attack he’s a monster but read and react skills are sub par.  He gets killed by misdirection repeatedly.  He’s a great blitzer but his edge rushing ability is a bit overrated due to his original position being the #1 ranked edge rusher coming out of high school.  Now a lot of his weaknesses are mental and he’s only been playing off ball in space for 2 years.  Not getting to see how he may have improved these areas due to his opt out makes him very difficult to evaluate as a true Mike.  Still the potential and upside is threw the roof.

thank you...not a top 10 guy....

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

He hasn't been asked to cover in man systems much but did well when asked to cover in zones, which a lot of LBers are asked to do.  His small sample sizes, while being used as a rush LBer don't mean he cant do it.  there isn't a lot of tape of him being burned in coverage.  But the small samples I have seen he has been in position or been athletic enough to recover.  

As for his run stuffing, I am not sure where you see he struggles to read and react.  he may overpursue sometimes but he 95% is hitting the right hole and blowing up run plays.  If you hold him to a higher standard than any player ever, sure there will be instances, but his tape is as good as Pat Willis's was and his athletic numbers are similar.  

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He hasn't been asked to cover in man systems much but did well when asked to cover in zones, which a lot of LBers are asked to do.  His small sample sizes, while being used as a rush LBer don't mean he cant do it.  there isn't a lot of tape of him being burned in coverage.  But the small samples I have seen he has been in position or been athletic enough to recover.  

As for his run stuffing, I am not sure where you see he struggles to read and react.  he may overpursue sometimes but he 95% is hitting the right hole and blowing up run plays.  If you hold him to a higher standard than any player ever, sure there will be instances, but his tape is as good as Pat Willis's was and his athletic numbers are similar.  

I can only assume your completely fabricating the 2nd paragraph.  He gets toasted on misdirection repeatedly threw out several games I’ve watched.  His Mike instincts don’t compare to Willis coming out.  Again I like Parsons a lot and think he’s probably worth the risk and will ultimately be a stud but your analysis of what his tape shows is pretty far off.  Only played Mike for 2 years a lot of it is understandable and can be improved on but the tape shows what it shows.  Watch him vs Michigan 2 years ago, he was pretty much taken out of the game by an experienced oline.  Watch Vox’s breakdown of him on YouTube he spotlights a lot of Parsons troubles with misdirection on the all 22

10 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I can only assume your completely fabricating the 2nd paragraph.  He gets toasted on misdirection repeatedly threw out several games I’ve watched.  His Mike instincts don’t compare to Willis coming out.  Again I like Parsons a lot and think he’s probably worth the risk and will ultimately be a stud but your analysis of what his tape shows is pretty far off.  Only played Mike for 2 years a lot of it is understandable and can be improved on but the tape shows what it shows.  Watch him vs Michigan 2 years ago, he was pretty much taken out of the game by an experienced oline.  Watch Vox’s breakdown of him on YouTube he spotlights a lot of Parsons troubles with misdirection on the all 22

My guess the fabrication lies in your being toasted several  times.  You may have seen it once or twice in a game and then point it out the few other times it happens.  In general, he is in the right spots or athletic enough to recover, both in the run and pass game.  As I have said, if you hold him to a higher standard than any other LB prospect, sure he has misread plays.  But so has every single other LB, they just cant always make up for it.  

33 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My guess the fabrication lies in your being toasted several  times.  You may have seen it once or twice in a game and then point it out the few other times it happens.  In general, he is in the right spots or athletic enough to recover, both in the run and pass game.  As I have said, if you hold him to a higher standard than any other LB prospect, sure he has misread plays.  But so has every single other LB, they just cant always make up for it.  

Your right he’s a completely flawless player with no weakness’s or reasons for any scout to be concerned about any aspect of his game.  After playing Mike for 2 years he has equal awareness and recognition at the position to what Patrick Willis had playing there his entire career.  Man I hate when I have to do this against players I like because people want to be flag planters and argue that the sky isn’t blue.

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Lots of movement among draft picks. 9ers now picking 3rd and will be taking a QB. Not only does that guarantee at least 3 QBs will be gone before our pick, it takes away one of the teams we could have traded down to. 

just one...but that means NE, WAS, NO, will pay HUGEEEEEEEE AMOUNT if they are interested 

Does anyone think the Parsons and Oweh 40 times are BS????? man had a 34 in vert lmaooooo..I HAD THAT IN HS...I just dont see how someone who runs a 4.39 has a vert that isnt close to tht 40...and only 19 reps on bench.  His short shuttle was SS 4.40.

Looking at old combines. Just seems so average to other average guys, other then his 40...that doesnt seem real. rest of his pro day results are lackluster at best. 

2 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Does anyone think the Parsons and Oweh 40 times are BS????? man had a 34 in vert lmaooooo..I HAD THAT IN HS...I just dont see how someone who runs a 4.39 has a vert that isnt close to tht 40...and only 19 reps on bench.  His short shuttle was SS 4.40.

Looking at old combines. Just seems so average to other average guys, other then his 40...that doesnt seem real. rest of his pro day results are lackluster at best. 

I'm having a hard time justifying the 40 times.

I'm really hoping to trade back. 

7 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

just one...but that means NE, WAS, NO, will pay HUGEEEEEEEE AMOUNT if they are interested 

1 - JAC - Lawrence (Lock)

2 - NYJ - TBD - Could be Wilson/Fields; could be Sewell or Chase

3 - SF (via MIA via HOU) - Wilson/Fields/Lance

4 - ATL - Wilson/Fields/Lance/Chase/Parsons/Pitts

5 - CIN - Sewell/Chase/Pitts

6 - MIA - Sewell/Chase/Pitts/Parsons

This tells me that SF either figures that NYJ will keep Darnold and there are prospects worthy of keeping the #2 overall to pair with him (Sewell or Chase) OR the 49ers value Wilson, Fields and/or Lance on relatively equal ground and are willing to take any one of those three at that spot. 

Miami has to be targeting Sewell, Pitts, Chase or Parsons at #6 knowing that someone is going to slip because of all of the QB activity. 

5 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

This isn't exactly an overreaction.... the numbers that guys post coming out of HS doesn't mean a ton BUT... 

ESPN Recruiting

Parsons - 4.66 40; 4.34 SS; 31.1 Vert

He had the third fastest out of the group (Dylan Moses and Baron Browning were tied at 4.56)

Decent SS and below average vert. 

I have my worksheets comparing prospects athletic performance (combine and pro days) since 2011. I have not gotten to work on the LB's for 2021 yet. 4.39 at that size is really impressive but I'm not sure he's as explosive as he is just fast. 

This is my process, take it for what it's worth, but I use this information (combine performance, pro days and college production) to get an idea of a prospect. I'll watch tape and then determine "am I seeing the same thing on tape or do the numbers not match up". If a guy runs a 4.56 but because they have really good mental processing and good feet, maybe they make up for that and play a lot faster. Sometimes a guy is just a freak athlete and can do things you can't teach and that level of athleticism makes sense to take a flier on.