2021 DRAFT PROSPECTS

Karnage84

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If Trey Lance is there, he would be the last of the top 5 guys available. Teams like Carolina, Denver, New England, Washington are all in the mix. Carolina and Denver wouldn't result in a lot of movement, so here's an interesting scenario. 

The New England Patriots call us up and offer the following for #7 (1500 pts + 20% QB premium = 1800 pts)

#15 Overall (1050)

#46 (2nd Rd) (440 points)

#96 (3rd rd Comp) (116 points)

2022 2nd round pick

We would be giving up Sewell (no question, he'd be gone) with a chance that Parsons might be there at #15. 

Would you take that trade?

I’d take that trade but I’d honafter JOK, Collins or Oweh. I’m done with Parsons. 

• Like 1

If we stay at 7 I think the pick is going to be one of the remaining QBs, Chase, Pitts, or Sewall.  One of those players will be available and honestly if we stick and pick and it's a player other than one of those I'll be disappointed.  I really like Parsons and even Surtain now that Farley is injured, but I think I'm coming around to thinking that one of these 4 would be the best option.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Chase just ran a 4.38... it seems there is zero chance he'll be there for us at #7. It also means that it should push someone down to us like Sewell for real. 

Yeah that seems to be the case.  Obviously there's still a slim chance he's there.

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Fields

4. Lance

5. Sewell

6. Pitts

This scenario doesn't even include Jones going three or any trade downs... mean it's not likely but maybe...

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I really want to trade back still and pick up a defender. But if we stay at 7, I’m okay with Sewell, Chase, Smith or Waddles. Would Slater at 7 be too early if Sewell is gone? 🤔

If we take Smith at 7 I'll be so pissed I'll be pretty disappointed in Waddle as well as I think it's a pretty be drop of in talent from the top.  Having said that if a QB, Sewell, Chase or Pitts are there we will have trade down options.  I think they will be unique enough talents and at premier positions that a market should develop.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Chase just ran a 4.38... it seems there is zero chance he'll be there for us at #7. It also means that it should push someone down to us like Sewell for real. 

And Pitts just ran a 4.44 40 at 6'6" 245 pounds. Wowzer. LOL.

4 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Jaelan Phillips.  Man this kid is good but that injury history is hard to overlook.  What's everyone's thoughts on him?  At what point in the draft would you be willing to roll the dice?  For me it's a bit early.  

I believe he’s the best pass rusher in this draft based purely on tape.  He was a freak coming out of high school ( much leaner).  Going to a bad team in UCLA he was kind of out of site out of mind until I started seeing his name pop up on draft boards playing for Miami when I realized it was that same freak who dominated the high school all American game.  But there’s just to much risk there for me.  He’s possibly another concussion away from a 2nd and permanent retirement.  It mite not be fair but I’d also be really concerned he has no plans for a long career. He may very well have decided the risk was worth it to come back for a few years and earn that pay day only to retire before he’s first contacts up.

Edited by BigC421/

7 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I believe he’s the best pass rusher in this draft based purely on tape.  He was a freak coming out of high school ( much leaner).  Going to a bad team in UCLA he was kind of out of site out of mind until I started seeing his name pop up on draft boards playing for Miami when I realized it was that same freak who dominated the high school all American game.  But there’s just to much risk there for me.  He’s possibly another concussion away from a 2nd and permanent retirement.  It mite not be fair but I’d also be really concerned he has no plans for a long career. He may very well have decided the risk was worth it to come back for a few years and earn that pay day only to retire before he’s first contacts up.

ooph... that would be tough.  I feel like prospects this year need more background/off field info then ever and it's the one year where it's harder to come by.  I think he's the best in class as well.  I really love the tape on him and Farley and think there is a big talent drop off after them but both have scary medicals.  I wouldn't mind a slight trade up to grab one if they slip.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

And Pitts just ran a 4.44 40 at 6'6" 245 pounds. Wowzer. LOL.

That verts pretty weak for a guy who’s expected to catch a lot of jump balls.  His film shows a great ability to catch contested balls but when your talking about  taking a guy like him this high you have to look for the negative