Bucs vs the other 6 AFC playoff teams?

Blackstar12

4 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

KC in some way chose to be one-dimensional while Buffalo IS one-dimensional. Josh Allen was running around almost as much as Mahomes (at least in the first 2.5 quarters of the SB before he tried to be the hero). Unless Bills fix that o-line to both protect Allen and also allow them to run and come up with better schemes they wont win the SB.

In fact, Bills didn't look good at all in the post season. They were outplayed by the Colts and arguably by the Ravens for the most part of that game as well. The 14 point swing changed that game. Then got bullied by the Chiefs  and Btw that probably helped the Bucs because the league's office took notice.

The bills wouldn't be down 2 starting tackles

4 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

In fact, Bills didn't look good at all in the post season. They were outplayed by the Colts and arguably by the Ravens for the most part of that game as well. The 14 point swing changed that game. Then got bullied by the Chiefs  and Btw that probably helped the Bucs because the league's office took notice.

Outplayed by the Colts? Maybe the last 10 mins of the game where they crept back but definitely not outplayed. And the Ravens?? Wtf are you talking about. The Ravens didn't do anything the entire game. I'm not saying the Bills did much but the Ravens did absolutely nothing. Had our worst game of the season against KC but only lost by 2 scores 🤷‍♂️ KC wasn't able to stop TB when they realized they weren't allowed to hold anymore like they were in the Bills game.

What I feel gets lost in discussing this Bucs team is how absolutely insanely stacked this offense is.

I get that the Bucs D gets all the love for their performance in the SB, but consider the following: they have the GOAT at QB, an above average line, a WR group that consists of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and AB. The GOAT TE who still can make plays and a former #4 overall pick as one of their running backs. 

I get that some of them are past their prime but all are still very effective. Even if the Chiefs offense had figured it out late in the game chances are that the Bucs would have just responded with a score of their own. 

Which is why I kinda find it silly that people think the Bills, a team that Brady has owned throughout his entire career, would have made it a game against Tampa when Tampa was clicking the way it was on that day. 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

The bills wouldn't be down 2 starting tackles

We weren’t down two starting tackles against KC and still got dominated up front. It was the same thing Tampa Bay did to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It was like watching the same game. Mahomes and Allen were running for their lives in their respective games. The offensive lines got absolutely obliterated. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

They clearly were the best in their division at the latter end of the season. They smeshed NO. Went into GB and beat them. Wiped out the Chiefs. They were the best at the business end of the season.

They were a Jared Cook fumble away from losing to the Saints...who had a QB with broken ribs and a torn rotator cuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Is it? Saints were up 7 and were close to FG range when Cook fumbled near the end of the 4th. If they get a FG or TD there its a two score game and the Bucs hadn't moved the ball well at all. It's really not that crazy of an assumption.

Bucs scored 30 and won by 10. In the playoffs against a Div rival that has your number - that's a well earned victory

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Is it? Saints were up 7 and were close to FG range when Cook fumbled near the end of the 4th. If they get a FG or TD there its a two score game and the Bucs hadn't moved the ball well at all. It's really not that crazy of an assumption.

It's still an assumption. The fumble helped a lot but the Saints could have thrown an INT on the next play. Nobody knows.

6 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Outplayed by the Colts? Maybe the last 10 mins of the game where they crept back but definitely not outplayed. And the Ravens?? Wtf are you talking about. The Ravens didn't do anything the entire game. I'm not saying the Bills did much but the Ravens did absolutely nothing. Had our worst game of the season against KC but only lost by 2 scores 🤷‍♂️ KC wasn't able to stop TB when they realized they weren't allowed to hold anymore like they were in the Bills game.

You probably don't quite remember how the game went then. Colts were dominating the game from the first drive. They got in Bills territory in their first drive and had to punt after a dropped pass. Pinned Bills inside their 5. Bills take over but 3 & out. Colts march 50+ yards downfield again and this time after a dropped TD pass they score a field goal. Bills scores a TD on a great drive to take the lead. 7-3

Colts punts after a couple of FDs and Bills answers with another 3 & out IIRC. Then Colts march down the field again and score a TD to retake the lead 10-7;

Bills get another 3 & out (are you counting?) and freaking Rivers takes the Colts to Bills' 1 yard line then TO on downs but still got the bills there once again.

Then came that drive with 1 minute left were a john doe made 3 amazing catches at the sidelines half an inch inside and in the rest of the post season he had no catches IIRC and Bills score a TD seconds left to take the lead again. 14-10.

In short: Bills only played better in the last minute of the 2nd quarter counting on miracously catches by a nobody that couldn't catch a cold in the following games and the 3rd quarter where Bills dominated. 3 quarters out of 4 = outplayed by my standards and not sure you agree but those are my standards.

I watched that game posting here on the GDT and I remember vividly Bills struggling because I bet big on them.

Now, onto the ravens game I said arguably and I laid out why (the one play 14 points swing). Now I agree the Ravens did almost nothing but the depressing part is that the Bills did almost nothing too. One play at Bills' endzone decided the game but both teams were dreadful. If that play go another way it's 10-10 instead if 3-17. But whatever. My point is that Bills looked downright awful in this post season but I don't want to pick up a discussion with Bills fans because you finally had a deep run in the post season and should be congratulated but don't be delusional. KC trashing you guys should tell you Bills aren't ready yet to win the SB and the only thing that made Buffalo not get one & done was Allen doing everything for your O.

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

We weren’t down two starting tackles against KC and still got dominated up front. It was the same thing Tampa Bay did to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It was like watching the same game. Mahomes and Allen were running for their lives in their respective games. The offensive lines got absolutely obliterated. 

The tackles buffalo had during the game were better than the KC Backups in the sb