Bucs vs the other 6 AFC playoff teams?

Blackstar12

4 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

One starting tackle in your analogy, no? But yeh, even with an intact oline you suffered a lot of pressure by a much inferior d-line or pass rush. Bills couldn't even run at the pathetic Chiefs' run D. 

The Bills couldn’t run against anyone all year. Josh Allen did EVERYTHING on offense. O line couldn’t run block, running backs weren’t great. I couldn’t imagine JA with a run game, and being able to utilize play action.

I think the Ravens play them well (though I think the Ravens would play just about anyone well). Lamar is just a different type of player to defend against and could cause problems for that Bucs defense. And the Ravens have the defense (secondary at least) that could hold its own.

After that I'd say the Browns and Titans - but both their defenses would likely get annihilated by the Bucs offense.

I pick Bucs over any AFC team but I do think the Ravens have a decent shot at taking them down.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Bucs weren't all that great against the Saints.  Saints beat themselves, specifically Brees was a warm body taking snaps, but other than that, we blew every major opportunity we had all game long.  We play a clean game, we probably win.

Yes, the Jared Cook fumble I can easily point to and say that is when the Saints lost the game. The Saints were moving the ball well at that point. You’re at the very least getting a FG or pinning them deep and still up 7. The fumble was a killer because it gave them short field. Pretty sure the Bucs had one scoring drive that wasn’t the result of a Saints turnover, the rest were short field.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, SalvadorsDeli said:

With the way our offensive line played in the playoffs, I think it would have been a similar dynamic to what the Chiefs dealt (and what our Bills playoff game looked like) where Lamar would have just been running for his life and we would have had a lot of trouble moving the ball. I do think our defense would have posed some real challenges to that Bucs offense and it would have been a fairly tight game. But Brady would have found a way. I think it would have been a close, low-scoring game early and then the Bucs would have pulled away in the 4th quarter. 

While I agree. Counterpoint. Hollywood and Lamar seem to activate to SS levels when their body touches Florida and they won’t be dealing with those intense 25-30 mph Buffalo crosswinds that Lamar clearly didn’t have the arm talent to cut through.

But yeah, I’m just playing Devils Advocate because, why not?

8 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

I think the Ravens play them well (though I think the Ravens would play just about anyone well). Lamar is just a different type of player to defend against and could cause problems for that Bucs defense. And the Ravens have the defense (secondary at least) that could hold its own.

After that I'd say the Browns and Titans - but both their defenses would likely get annihilated by the Bucs offense.

I pick Bucs over any AFC team but I do think the Ravens have a decent shot at taking them down.

The Ravens are a running team and Tampa had the best run defense in the league. The Ravens could try throwing the ball, but the Ravens pass offense was ranked 32nd and Tampa just beat the top rated passing offense in the SB...

I don’t think Tampa would have much issue with Baltimore. They are faster and more physical than Buffalo’s defense at all levels

4 hours ago, Nightime said:
On 2/12/2021 at 4:00 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't think the consensus can be that Bucs were the best team throughout playoffs, because in the game day thread Chiefs got double the votes Bucs did. 

The Bills got more votes than the Chiefs on the AFCCG gameday thread 

Wait. You guys actually take votes on this forum seriously? LMAO

Didn't DVOA have Tampa as a top 2-3 team all year?

Lost a weird Thursday game at Chicago. Lost at home by 3 points to the Rams and Chiefs. Lost to the Saints twice.

The Bears game is the outlier here, but otherwise they lost to the best defense in the NFL, the best offense in the NFL, and arguably the best all around team in the NFL.

No other team in the AFC was going to beat them. Titans and Browns defenses would get worked. Ravens and Bills lines overwhelmed. Colts might have the best shot, but when Tampa shuts down the Colts run game and makes Rivers beat them, don't see that going well.

IMO the Bucs were the best team in the NFL for the 2020/2021 season.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes, the Jared Cook fumble I can easily point to and say that is when the Saints lost the game. The Saints were moving the ball well at that point. You’re at the very least getting a FG or pinning them deep and still up 7. The fumble was a killer because it gave them short field. Pretty sure the Bucs had one scoring drive that wasn’t the result of a Saints turnover, the rest were short field.

Not to mention 3 or 4 dropped picks, penalty taking away a punt return, the list goes on.  IMO we blew that game more than the Bucs went out and won it.  

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Not to mention 3 or 4 dropped picks, penalty taking away a punt return, the list goes on.  IMO we blew that game more than the Bucs went out and won it.  

this level of salt should be a war crime. enjoy irrelevancy for the next 20 years without a franchise QB.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

this level of salt should be a war crime. enjoy irrelevancy for the next 20 years without a franchise QB.

Its really not. The Bucs won lol no one can take the SB away from them or this win but the Saints choked (shocking) far more than the Bucs out played them. The Bucs outplayed the ever living crap out of the Chiefs, the Saints shot themselves in the foots with bad penalties and bad turnovers. You could add bad coaching to the list tbh, Trautman has been better than Cook whenever hes played. Cook is trash.