Bucs vs the other 6 AFC playoff teams?

Blackstar12

On 2/13/2021 at 1:45 AM, Nightime said:

The Ravens are a running team and Tampa had the best run defense in the league. The Ravens could try throwing the ball, but the Ravens pass offense was ranked 32nd and Tampa just beat the top rated passing offense in the SB...

I don’t think Tampa would have much issue with Baltimore. They are faster and more physical than Buffalo’s defense at all levels

The Ravens aren't an ordinary running team.

My money's on Tampa too vs any AFC team but I do think the Ravens would have a chance. Lamar can make even the best defenses look worse. A team being better doesn't mean they always win.

6 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

My money's on Tampa too vs any AFC team but I do think the Ravens would have a chance. Lamar can make even the best defenses look worse. A team being better doesn't mean they always win.

The Buccaneers defense is like the Bills, except they can get pressure without blitzing. They can get to the QB while still leaving 7 men in coverage. They also have faster LB than the Bills

I don’t see Baltimore having much success against that. Lamar is a good quarterback but he hasn’t really put on any great playoff performances, I don’t think he gets his first against Tampa

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 1:05 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Not to mention 3 or 4 dropped picks, penalty taking away a punt return, the list goes on.  IMO we blew that game more than the Bucs went out and won it.  

lol funny how you blow that game and yet somehow dominated us in the regular season

nah brah

we dominated on defense in the playoff game, made Brees look ancient, and capitalized on our defensive turnovers just like you guys did to us in the regular season

On 2/13/2021 at 4:08 PM, Asciimo said:

this level of salt should be a war crime. enjoy irrelevancy for the next 20 years without a franchise QB.

^ thank you for this lol couldn't have said it better myself

The argument about teams losing games they could have won is so very tired.

DEN blows the AFCG vs. BAL in 2012 - seems like they'd have beaten CK & 49ers too in 2012.  

GB epic meltdown in NFCG vs. SEA in 2014 - no idea how NE-GB shakes out, but you have to like their chances.

And so on....

The thing is -  teams had their shot.   And missed.     Honestly, trying to replay those games to make a stance is pointless.  NO & Tampa were by far the 2 most balanced teams this year.    NO lost to Tampa at home.   They were -4 in TO's.     NO for sure was the closest team to beat Tampa, and FTR they enjoyed the best matchups unit-wise with Tampa.  But they didn't get it done, and at home to boot.

----------------------------------

As for the field - there's no other AFC team that I thought could match up with Tampa except KC with a healthy OL.     Having complete teams does that.     Tampa took half a season to integrate Arians' O with Brady's style.    It took until the LAR game for DC Bowles to realize he couldn't always play it safe to protect his secondary - he played a fantastic man-blitz combo, and then switched it up for KC given the massive OL mismatch.      

Tampa had the most balanced squad, and the best balanced team performance this playoffs.  30+ points for 4 straight games.   The D was unbelievably good after a meh game vs. WFT.   Great coaching in NO, GB and then in the SB.      Don't see any AFC team beating them this year.   

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 12:33 AM, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

In fact, Bills didn't look good at all in the post season. They were outplayed by the Colts and arguably by the Ravens for the most part of that game as well. The 14 point swing changed that game. Then got bullied by the Chiefs  and Btw that probably helped the Bucs because the league's office took notice.

The Bills were inconsistent during the playoffs but I wouldn't say they didn't look good. Offense played well against IND, and the defense played amazing against Baltimore.

No one showed up for the KC game. They wouldn't have beat TB whether Brady was there or not. 

4 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

White and David are two LBs who actually could contain Jackson.

There is not a worse match up for Baltimore in the NFL than Tampa. Baltimore's defense probably makes it a bit closer than what the Super Bowl was, but still a 17-20 point win for the Bucs IMO.

• Like 1