Daniel's Draft Thread-2021

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Normally I would argue that my rankings are right, but with the weird *** season we've had, and the number of players that sat out and games that were cancelled, I don't really trust mine that much this year.

Then there's no combine, and we either have the most athletic class of prospects ever, or liars at pro days.

Throw in the fact that some players had covid, and didn't play up to their full potential when healthy, and you have a perfect storm for trying to get quality rankings.

So thanks, and yes, these are probably bad.

I don’t think there bad. We actually have a lot of similarities. Probably the only two people that have Browning as a Top 3 LB and Waddle not in the Top 4 WR’s. Browning is my #2 LB and Waddle is my #6 WR. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think there bad. We actually have a lot of similarities. Probably the only two people that have Browning as a Top 3 LB and Waddle not in the Top 4 WR’s. Browning is my #2 LB and Waddle is my #6 WR. 

Oh yeah, I love Browning.  Watching tape of his, it was hard to find him sometimes because of how often they lined him up way off the ball like a DB.  But he seemed to hold up in coverage well doing that, and when he came down to tackle RBs, he brought it.  Jabril Cox was similar with his pass coverage ability, but he's not a strong tackler.  Browning is.

He also blew up in the playoff games IIRC.  Only thing I'm not sure about is if he can captain a defense like you usually want an off the ball to do.  It looked like (in the tape I watched, at least) that Ohio St usually left that to the other two LBs, but that may be more an embarrassment of riches thing.

And on Waddle, I'm usually bearish on Bama prospects.  It's easy to do your job when every coach and every other player on the field is among the top players at their position.  It always puts the player in a great spot to shine, and throws off the tape.  That and teams had to scheme for DeVonta Smith.  Made it easier on Waddle I'm sure.  Add in an injury and I don't want him until the other four are gone.  And even then, I haven't had a chance to watch some of the other guys that would be in contention for top 5, like Dyami Brown or Rondale Moore, so he could drop further.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Normally I would argue that my rankings are right, but with the weird *** season we've had, and the number of players that sat out and games that were cancelled, I don't really trust mine that much this year.

Then there's no combine, and we either have the most athletic class of prospects ever, or liars at pro days.

Throw in the fact that some players had covid, and didn't play up to their full potential when healthy, and you have a perfect storm for trying to get quality rankings.

So thanks, and yes, these are probably bad.

Yep agree on Browning. I hear people complain about his instincts, like Devin White didn’t have terrible instincts going into the draft... (although still loved him). 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yep agree on Browning. I hear people complain about his instincts, like Devin White didn’t have terrible instincts going into the draft... (although still loved him). 

Devin White is 3x the athlete tho. Browning has much stiffer hips and it shows in space. White was never as bad ad Browning in that regard.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The knock on Browning is that he plays with his hair on fire and often over runs plays looking to make something happen. There are also questions about if he has it between the ears.

He has all of the physical ability in the world, but he lacks a understanding from the mental side of the game.

He's a helluva player but he needs molded. I can see a lot of rookie mistakes I'm his future but some flashes of playmaking.

• Like 1