NHL 18

BLick12

On 7/21/2017 at 10:22 PM, steelcurtain29 said:

I can't wait for the BETA Tuesday. To be honest, I'm not so thrilled about the game in general. The additions for HUT and adding expansions for GM is great though. I'm still really angry that there's no Online GM. There's just zero excuse at this point.

Yeah, it's amazing the amount of game modes they are still lacking and just the overall lack of features that we saw on old gen.  Pretty disgraceful.

I don't understand how EA screwed this franchise so badly over the years. There was a time, and it wasn't all that long ago, where NHL was probably the best EA sports franchise around for several consecutive years...and not by a little. But for whatever reason, they completely fell behind the curve of everyone else and make some truly mind boggling decisions with regards to the GM modes, lack of game modes, etc. 

I haven't played NHL since like 2000? But, I always wanted to get a new one and enjoy it. I thought if I played the game, I would get back into hockey more so than just watching the playoffs. I nearly bought last year's but I heard it was bad. I'm hoping this year's will be much better.

On 7/25/2017 at 7:44 AM, biggio7 said:

I haven't played NHL since like 2000? But, I always wanted to get a new one and enjoy it. I thought if I played the game, I would get back into hockey more so than just watching the playoffs. I nearly bought last year's but I heard it was bad. I'm hoping this year's will be much better.

Been playing the Beta the last couple days. It's not as bad as 17, but still a far cry from last gen.  The skating is just so frustrating, there are so many times your player goes into animations or does things that feel out of your control.

As soon as 2k stopped making an NHL game, the EA one started going downhill. I know the 2k version wasn't that good, but it's still competition, now there's NOTHING like NHL on the market, the motivation isn't there and mostly focused on the Ultimate team cash cow. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 3:53 AM, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

As soon as 2k stopped making an NHL game, the EA one started going downhill. I know the 2k version wasn't that good, but it's still competition, now there's NOTHING like NHL on the market, the motivation isn't there and mostly focused on the Ultimate team cash cow. 

I don't know, I was a pretty big fan of the game on old gen and thought it was still a good product even when 2k wasn't in the picture.  But since they switched over to current gen, the quality of the game is just abysmal.  I just don't understand how you manage to lose game modes / features when you're upgrading the console.  

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

I don't know, I was a pretty big fan of the game on old gen and thought it was still a good product even when 2k wasn't in the picture.  But since they switched over to current gen, the quality of the game is just abysmal.  I just don't understand how you manage to lose game modes / features when you're upgrading the console.  

It's so they can bring it back down the line and sell it as "new features"

• 3 weeks later...

NHL is by far my best game. I'm an overconfident D when it comes to this game. Pretty confident I could beat anyone on this forum. :D

With that being said, not sure if I'll get NHL or not on release date. While I'm not as skilled, Madden takes up most of my gaming. Between online, GM mode and the addition of HUT, I was all-in on this game. Their franchise mode was so advanced for their time, but they haven't done anything notable to improve over the years which has forced the game to take a step back in my mind. Still, it's definitely an enjoyable game, especially for hockey fans. 

What are the "big" added features this year?

Archived