There hasn't been a Hall of Fame-worthy RB drafted in over a decade

Apparition

On 3/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, BayRaider said:

Henry isn’t far off. Super Bowl ring and one more 1800 rush yard season and he’d be in. Without a Super Bowl, probably needs another four monster years all being over 1500 yards rushing with at least one being 1800+. 

He is one more  if year away from being a lock imo.

I am of the opinion 3 years of dominant play at rb should get you into the hall.

I think 8k yards is more or less the minimum but you have to have some freaky thing attributed to your career (basically Gayle Sayers/TD plus inflation). Like if Kamara fell short a bit numbers wise but finished with a SB win and had that 6 TD game, I could see him leaping those with better stats around 8k rushing. At 8k yards you still would have needed some very exceptional years, like I could see Henry hitting 8k retiring to injury and making it with his defining years being exceptional all time years. Shady is more or less the guy you have to beat to get in the HOF I feel like. He feels very borderline HOF and the last two years he kind cheesed a few hundred extra yards and put a couple SB champion text on his name. I think a Zeke would need to beat Shady's career as I view Kamara and Henry as having superior single seasons, whereas Zeke is consistently very very good but not all time seasons if that makes sense. Kamara and Henry have more playoff success as well.

11 hours ago, Chargers said:

Henry, Kamara, and CMC are the only ones marching towards that goal. I still think they are 3 typical seasons away from being strong considerations.

Zeke over CMC. CMC missing this last year sets him back and expects him to rebound Adrian Peterson fast. Zeke is what 26 if he can get 4 years at 1200+- a pop puts him squarely in the HOF consideration. Zeke's two down years are almost 1k each. He could be top 15 rushing leader as he hits 30 years old.