Britt Reid no longer with the Chiefs

brooks1957

I am not trying to say what is right and what is wrong, as there is enough sadness in this story to go all around. I hope and pray for good health to return to the little girl.

In the meantime, Adam Schefter is reporting Britt Reid is no longer with the Chiefs organization.

29 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Ya I was going to post this.  The owners of the Chiefs or Andy Reid or someone need to step up here and pay for this poor families medical bills.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Amazing how much it's been downplayed outside of that article. 

Sounds like he may have been drinking at work... it’s gross but I’m sure they’re keeping it hush hush while they do their own internal investigation and find out exactly what they’re dealing with.

There’s huge huge payout on the way to the family and Britt is deservedly going back to prison. Awful all around.

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I was going to post this.  The owners of the Chiefs or Andy Reid or someone need to step up here and pay for this poor families medical bills.  

This is the Chiefs. They won't budge.

30 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I completely understand Andy Reid wanting to give his son every chance to redeem himself, but it looks like he made a really bad call on this one.  Here's an ESPN article from 2007 that makes this situation even harder to stomach:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753

Sickening that he was given multiple chances. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I believe I read somewhere they did reach out and offered whatever help they needed. 

58 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I completely understand Andy Reid wanting to give his son every chance to redeem himself, but it looks like he made a really bad call on this one.  Here's an ESPN article from 2007 that makes this situation even harder to stomach:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753

This was in 2007 and it doesn't appear he's got in any trouble since then (until now).  Was he just supposed to be jobless that entire time?  Who is to say that working for his dad hasn't helped keep him out of trouble sooner?  Who says this doesn't still happen if he's working for another company?

This is a tough situation and Britt Reid deserves to go to prison.  Completely irresponsible.  But I also think it's unfair to blame Andy Reid and the Chiefs for hiring him.  Maybe if a report comes out that Britt was routinely drinking and driving, and the Chiefs knew about it but never put a kibosh to it, then yeah punish them too.  But this just seems like a very, very unfortunate situation.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I believe I read somewhere they did reach out and offered whatever help they needed. 

I take care of folks with severe TBI...which considering that the girl is in a coma, this would qualify. Unfortunately, there is a good chance that the little girl will have challenges if she does wake up from her coma. There is a real chance she can have lifelong deficits...and could require MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars in care over the course of her life. That is a real possibility. So I'm sure that the Chiefs have at least some concern about implying guilt.

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well yeah he obviously had to go. Probably the worst pre-Super Bowl screw up in it's history. Making Eugene Robinson and Barrett Robbins look like rays of sunshine in regards to their antics. 

Stanley Wilson says hi.

While Andy Reid and the Chiefs aren'

t legally responsible, someone inside the Chiefs org needs tpo point out the negative swirl for them in this.  Help the familty.  While it's great that Chiefs fans have stepped up, it is incredulous that the team hasn't said much to this point.