House of the Dragon- (Trailer Thursday!)

Acgott

I will watch, but with a completely different crew at the helm, I'll be curious how this shapes up. Even for all their faults in Season 7 & 8, Weiss and Benioff did an amazing job adapting the book to the screen for the better part of 6+ seasons. I'm not that familiar with the source material or the directors of this one, so will be interesting to see how this compares.

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What sucks is GRRM finished this, so it’s probably going to be better than GOT.  I will never be alright with how GOT finished.

I’m still tempted every once in a while to pull a Topher and make my own edit of the final two seasons of GoT.

Well, not exactly. There's supposed to be a second volume of Fire and Blood, though the main points are already known so it can't crash and burn nearly as badly as the main series.

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Well, not exactly. There's supposed to be a second volume of Fire and Blood, though the main points are already known so it can't crash and burn nearly as badly as the main series.

The main points were supposedly also known for ASoIaF, but we got what we got.  I think part of the problem of why The Winds of Winter is taking forever to release is that GRRM is pulling a Snyder and changing everything while claiming it to be his "original vision".  Except GRRM at least had a lot of stuff pointing to something different beforehand.  I still think he's changing stuff though. 

Spoiler

Like Arya killing the Night King and Bran winning the Game of Thrones I bet came from him, and with all the backlash he's backtracking his own story.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...