House of the Dragon- (Trailer Thursday!)

Acgott

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

More cost cutting. They can say whatever they want about it being for the story, but knowing WBD's decision making these last 6 months, it's clearly about saving money.

Between this and losing the show runner...I'm worried.

On the upside, the narrative is pretty much set.  There is already a point where it ends, and while they may expand upon the material that is there, they aren't making these without a set end goal, which should help it stay table narratively.  Feels a lot less likely to go off the rails and they should be able to get a good 4 seasons out of it even if they just follow the story from Fire & Blood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I have to go back and watch the last few episodes.  What dragon was that at the end?

Vhagar, the last living dragon from Aegon's conquest and the largest living dragon.

She is Aemond's dragon right now, the one that "disobeyed" him and killed Lucerys and his small dragon Arrax at the end of season 1.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m doing a Game of Throned rewatch and there’s a huge spoiler in 3.4 “And now his watch is ended”. Joffrey spits out a huge plot point that I didn’t know about. I know there is a scene between Davos and Shireen that discusses the war as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m doing a Game of Throned rewatch and there’s a huge spoiler in 3.4 “And now his watch is ended”. Joffrey spits out a huge plot point that I didn’t know about. I know there is a scene between Davos and Shireen that discusses the war as well.

Yep. If you haven't read any books, that scene gives a very brief summation of the war we're about to witness.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, seminoles1 said:

Vhagar, the last living dragon from Aegon's conquest and the largest living dragon.

She is Aemond's dragon right now, the one that "disobeyed" him and killed Lucerys and his small dragon Arrax at the end of season 1.

Might be misremembering, but the "end" dragon that's a mystery is Vermithor. A dragon we haven't seen yet. Daemon approaches it at the end of the final episode trying to tame it. It's the second biggest known dragon and was ridden by King Jaehaerys Targaryen, the king that precededed Viserys Targaryen. It'll be undoubtedly incredibly important in the next season or two to wrap up House of The Dragon.

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon- (Trailer Thursday!)