House of the Dragon- (Trailer Thursday!)

Acgott

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

If they’re willing to do that big a time jump in one season. I’m hoping the last season covers roberts rebellion.

I'm really hoping for an anthology series. Season 1 leads to the Dance of Dragons. Season 2 is the war and the fallout. Season 3 is the Targaryen's leaving before the Doom through Aegon's Conquest, Season 4 is the first Blackfyre Rebellion, etc.

And like you said, the last season is Robert's Rebellion.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:48 PM, Fresh Prince said:

If they’re willing to do that big a time jump in one season. I’m hoping the last season covers roberts rebellion.

The dance of dragons is a big thing. I'd imagine the set up, war and fall out cover multiple seasons and be the only real focus of the show

Only reason I watched it is because I started reading the books, which dampened my hatred after the final two seasons lol. I didn’t have a tremendous amount of love for the first episode or casting. Rhaenarys also looks uncomfortably like an 11 year old despite being double that age. 6/10 for now, but I’ll watch it again. I think a lot of my negative disposition against it is my love for the Starks lol. 

Haven't been excited for this, but ep1 drew me in.
Really tapped into that nostalgia of the first couple GoT seasons.

Realizing the time jumps they are doing makes the trailers make more sense, there will be an older and younger version of characters.

Specifically Rhaenyra and Alicent Hightower.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Rhaenarys also looks uncomfortably like an 11 year old despite being double that age.

Assuming you meant Rhaenyra and not her old AF cousin, isn't she supposed to be young at this point? I know the actress is 21 but I imagine they made every effort to make her look half her age since in the books she is like 7 when her mom dies. 

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Only reason I watched it is because I started reading the books, which dampened my hatred after the final two seasons lol. I didn’t have a tremendous amount of love for the first episode or casting. Rhaenarys also looks uncomfortably like an 11 year old despite being double that age. 6/10 for now, but I’ll watch it again. I think a lot of my negative disposition against it is my love for the Starks lol. 

Oh I definitely thought she was an in real life 12 year old until my wife told me otherwise at the end of the episode. 

I was neither blown away nor disappointed in the episode. I will continue to watch obviously, but so far I feel like we have a lot of miscastings - or at worst people I won't have strong feelings for. 

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon- (Trailer Thursday!)