Mock Draft: Attempt #2

CrazyJoeDavola

I once again used The draft Network Machine for this one.

Not going into detail on the offseason but assumed losses are:

Aaron Jones

Kevin King

Corey Linsley

Retaining: 

Rick Wagner

Billy Turner

Christian Kirksey

With those assumptions made onto the draft:

29) Asante Samuel, CB, Florida St - He was in my last mock and may be there in the next one too. With King gone Samuel has become my favorite target at this spot

61) Tommy Togiai, IDL, Ohio St - Big heavy run stuffing interior guy. Hopefully frees up Kenny Clark some to penetrate more. Not sure if he fits with the new DC yet but should help in the run game. Doesn't offer much in a pass rush capacity.

92) Marvin Wilson, IDL, Florida St - Doubling up on the D-line here was not intended but with Wilson there in the third I had to take him. Adds to the rotation and offers more pass rush ability than Togiai. Hopefully with the two new guys Lancaster and maybe Lowry can be replaced.

133) Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio St - Apparently I enjoy picking players from least two favorite college football teams. I did not expect Sermon to be available but he is more in the mold of an Aaron Jones and gives more explosiveness than either Dillon or Williams.

140) Richard Lecounte III, S, Georgia - Now that I have basically rehashed my previous mock I will get to some new names. Lecounte is more of a pass coverage type of safety. My hope here is that he will replace Redmond and allow Amos to play closer to the line while Lecounte and Savage cover the back end. Played on all specials as well I believe.

172) Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford - Big receiver who can offer a large catch radius. Kind of in the Allen Lazard mold to me. Also, is a good special teams player.

178) Patrick Johnson, EDGE, Tulane - Rotational guy on the edge. Doesn't have ideal length but was productive in college and showed the ability to drop into coverage.

209) Brendan Jaimes, OT, Nebraska - Played tackle in college but likely will be a guard at the next level. I always like to add depth to the line and hopefully he can develop to replace Turner in a year.

217) Camryn Bynum, CB, California - Depth for the outside. Four year starter and has played a lot of games without missing time. If the staff uses him right can develop into a spot starter and rotational corner.

252) Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas - More secondary depth. Tall and long at the CB spot is a plus for me. He has ability to play either CB or safety as well. Gives some flexibility in the back end.

Overall I think I prefer my earlier mock. With Linsley gone I would have liked to address the line earlier but it just didn't work out that way. If redone maybe I would replace Wilson with an interior lineman, but I like Wilson's potential there. Let me know what you think and I will start to work on another one.

• Like 1

From what I recall this is better than the first mock. I would've gone OT a bit earlier, but I would also double dip at OT; I do like Jaimes as a prospect though he's probably another G at least in pass-pro; can he kick out to T in a pinch? We'll have to see. 

Edited by Joe

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't fall for the Marvin Wilson hype. He sucks. Absolutely embarrassed at the Senior Bowl. Late day 3 guy.

Yea, I was very disappointed with the senior bowl reports. But I am still a believer at this point but not in love with the pick. Kind of the feeling I had with M Adams when he was selected. 

7 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Call me an optimist I guess!

Lol. Your an optimist. I was high on him too but he’s been a dog. Wont make the same mistake again. Either you can play or you can’t. If a guy is a top recruit out of high school with all the tools and he can’t be a good player in college, he won’t be a player in the pro’s. 

On 2/11/2021 at 1:13 PM, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I once again used The draft Network Machine for this one.

Not going into detail on the offseason but assumed losses are:

Aaron Jones

Kevin King

Corey Linsley

Retaining: 

Rick Wagner

Billy Turner

Christian Kirksey

With those assumptions made onto the draft:

29) Asante Samuel, CB, Florida St - He was in my last mock and may be there in the next one too. With King gone Samuel has become my favorite target at this spot

61) Tommy Togiai, IDL, Ohio St - Big heavy run stuffing interior guy. Hopefully frees up Kenny Clark some to penetrate more. Not sure if he fits with the new DC yet but should help in the run game. Doesn't offer much in a pass rush capacity.

92) Marvin Wilson, IDL, Florida St - Doubling up on the D-line here was not intended but with Wilson there in the third I had to take him. Adds to the rotation and offers more pass rush ability than Togiai. Hopefully with the two new guys Lancaster and maybe Lowry can be replaced.

133) Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio St - Apparently I enjoy picking players from least two favorite college football teams. I did not expect Sermon to be available but he is more in the mold of an Aaron Jones and gives more explosiveness than either Dillon or Williams.

140) Richard Lecounte III, S, Georgia - Now that I have basically rehashed my previous mock I will get to some new names. Lecounte is more of a pass coverage type of safety. My hope here is that he will replace Redmond and allow Amos to play closer to the line while Lecounte and Savage cover the back end. Played on all specials as well I believe.

172) Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford - Big receiver who can offer a large catch radius. Kind of in the Allen Lazard mold to me. Also, is a good special teams player.

178) Patrick Johnson, EDGE, Tulane - Rotational guy on the edge. Doesn't have ideal length but was productive in college and showed the ability to drop into coverage.

209) Brendan Jaimes, OT, Nebraska - Played tackle in college but likely will be a guard at the next level. I always like to add depth to the line and hopefully he can develop to replace Turner in a year.

217) Camryn Bynum, CB, California - Depth for the outside. Four year starter and has played a lot of games without missing time. If the staff uses him right can develop into a spot starter and rotational corner.

252) Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas - More secondary depth. Tall and long at the CB spot is a plus for me. He has ability to play either CB or safety as well. Gives some flexibility in the back end.

Overall I think I prefer my earlier mock. With Linsley gone I would have liked to address the line earlier but it just didn't work out that way. If redone maybe I would replace Wilson with an interior lineman, but I like Wilson's potential there. Let me know what you think and I will start to work on another one.

I am sure the Packers are not so desperate for DL that they use both R2 and R3 on the DL. OT is a need and hoping Sermon is still there at 133 is unrealistic. 4 DB's is also not realistic. Packers will have 10 draft picks not 11.