Raiders to release WR Tyrell Williams

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How much dead money does Nassib have? I didn't think he was bad but certainly not worth what he is getting paid.

dead cap of 5.7 which you can spread for two years.

March 20th his salary becomes fully guarantee so you can eat the 5.7 and spread it out over the 2 years and get a cap saving of 3.5 or pay him that 3.5 as well. Easy decision for me..adios 

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How much dead money does Nassib have? I didn't think he was bad but certainly not worth what he is getting paid.

i wanna say 5.75m in dead money, with a cap savings of about 2.75.Nassib wasnt terrible, just not worth his cap figure. But are we going to upgrade with less than 3m? On the fence, wont go crazy over it either way, just a bad contract from day 1. 

33 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i wanna say 5.75m in dead money, with a cap savings of about 2.75.Nassib wasnt terrible, just not worth his cap figure. But are we going to upgrade with less than 3m? On the fence, wont go crazy over it either way, just a bad contract from day 1. 

That 2.75-3M on top of the savings we may end up with from cutting T. Brown, Joyner, T. Williams, and a couple others is what makes that extra 2.75-3M worth considering.  We can add that to our savings and add it to contracts we dish out to top tier FAs.

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

man, just imagine what our offense woulda looked like with AB, TW, Waller, Renfrow and Jacobs smfh. Couldve used that 1st and 3rd(Ruggs and Edwards) on defense too

Crazy how things work out.  The “what could have been” ‘s that we’ve had over the year are so numerous.

On a side note, I guess this ends the resign Agholor or restructure TW debate.  While it seemed like a really plausible idea I suspected either the team was done with him or he’d be unwilling to restructure.  Sometimes you just gotta move on from a sunk cost and that’s the case here. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Very close but it’s actually 5.75 guaranteed at signing roster bonus that would be dead cap if cut And a 3.5M salary and .25m WOB.  If he’s cut before the offseason workouts (if they exist) them We’d save 3.75M.

We’re really stuck in the middle on this one.  You just have to accept the 5.75M RB is a sunk cost and not even think about it.  The question is “Is Nassib worth 3.75M or can we find a better player for that amount / can we use the 3.75M And more money to find a better players?”

Honestly I don’t know.  I think the best thing right now is to hold onto him and make a decision while the FA Market shakes out.  I think he could be a decent 5T under GB but I think there could be an opportunity to upgrade from him for the same price if the FA Market for some player(/s) falls out. 

Nassib's expensive, but we may as well keep him as a backup for the year. Cutting him doesn't really do much for us. At the very least, he's worthy of being on a team, which is more than some of our guys can say. I feel like we're going to draft someone that can make his roster spot redundant for 2022, so may as well use him while we've got him. If one of Ferrell or Crosby went down for a length of time, I wouldn't feel totally hopeless if Nassib filled in. More than I can say about our other D-linemen....

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2