If Jaguars draft Lawrence, how fast will they win two Super Bowls?

pf9

The other two Florida teams, Miami and Tampa Bay, have now won two Super Bowls. Miami won both of theirs in consecutive seasons in the 1970s, the first capping off the only perfect season in NFL history. Despite his talents, Dan Marino was never able to win it all. Meanwhile the Bucs went 17 seasons in between championships, the last 12 of these being non-playoff seasons. It took the acquisition of Tom Brady, ironically from Miami rival New England, to get their second title.

The Jaguars are unique in that they are in a part of Florida that still retains its Southern characteristics, Miami and Tampa Bay have both been drastically changed by the arrival of people from the North.

So, if the Jaguars take Trevor Lawrence, how fast do you think they will get their second Super Bowl championship?

10 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The other two Florida teams, Miami and Tampa Bay, have now won two Super Bowls. Miami won both of theirs in consecutive seasons in the 1970s, the first capping off the only perfect season in NFL history. Despite his talents, Dan Marino was never able to win it all. Meanwhile the Bucs went 17 seasons in between championships, the last 12 of these being non-playoff seasons. It took the acquisition of Tom Brady, ironically from Miami rival New England, to get their second title.

The Jaguars are unique in that they are in a part of Florida that still retains its Southern characteristics, Miami and Tampa Bay have both been drastically changed by the arrival of people from the North.

So, if the Jaguars take Trevor Lawrence, how fast do you think they will get their second Super Bowl championship?

Why are you saying if? THEY ARE TAKING TREVOR LAWRENCE

My real prediction - he'll win exactly zero.

I think we're living in an era where we saw one guy do it seven times and we naturally assume 2-3 is a given for a QB... When the reality is, it's hard for guys to even MAKE it to one, let alone winning multiple.

Not a knock on Lawrence, he's going to be great. It's just a difficult task to get to the SB to begin with.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think we're living in an era where we saw one guy do it seven times and we naturally assume 2-3 is a given for a QB... When the reality is, it's hard for guys to even MAKE it to one, let alone winning multiple.

Not a knock on Lawrence, he's going to be great. It's just a difficult task to get to the SB to begin with.

Agreed although he might win 1 or 2 possibly if everything goes perfectly.  But yeah just being a top 5 to 10 QB doesn't get you a SB Ryan is living proof of that.  Ryan has been legit a top 5 to 8 QB for most of his career and even in his best season where he was the best QB in the league he still lost his SB.  The guy even played almost a perfect game in that SB with a 144+ QB rating and only missing 5 or 6 throws the entire game.   Him making it back to another one is a low chance at this point but to me that proves no matter how great the QB is the team around him has to be just top notch as well or it just won't work.   0

The 1 benefit the Jags have going into this is an established championship winning coach on some levels atleast.  Not having to give up any draft capital anytime soon and actually having extra draft capital to build pieces around him.  Plus 5 years of no massive QB cap hit and 100+ million in cap space to build the team any way you dream or see fit too.    

The jags to me have the perfect storm and setup to make a SB contender if you are knowledgeable enough to know how to build one and honestly if you fail in doing so or atleast making them into a guaranteed playoff contender going forward then you probably shouldn't ever get a 2nd chance anywhere else because you have everything you could wish for as a blank slate there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Agreed although he might win 1 or 2 possibly if everything goes perfectly.  But yeah just being a top 5 to 10 QB doesn't get you a SB Ryan is living proof of that.  Ryan has been legit a top 5 to 8 QB for most of his career and even in his best season where he was the best QB in the league he still lost his SB.  The guy even played almost a perfect game in that SB with a 144+ QB rating and only missing 5 or 6 throws the entire game.   Him making it back to another one is a low chance at this point but to me that proves no matter how great the QB is the team around him has to be just top notch as well or it just won't work.   0

The 1 benefit the Jags have going into this is an established championship winning coach on some levels atleast.  Not having to give up any draft capital anytime soon and actually having extra draft capital to build pieces around him.  Plus 5 years of no massive QB cap hit and 100+ million in cap space to build the team any way you dream or see fit too.    

The jags to me have the perfect storm and setup to make a SB contender if you are knowledgeable enough to know how to build one and honestly if you fail in doing so or atleast making them into a guaranteed playoff contender going forward then you probably shouldn't ever get a 2nd chance anywhere else because you have everything you could wish for as a blank slate there. 

Ryan is just unlucky and one of the many casualties of Tom Brady. If the Falcons are playing anyone else that year, Ryan has a ring. 

50 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Ryan is just unlucky and one of the many casualties of Tom Brady. If the Falcons are playing anyone else that year, Ryan has a ring. 

Dude if Ryan tells Shannahan to go screw himself even once on a drive in the 4th quarter and runs the ball 3 times straight and kicks a FG he has a SB ring lol.  Im not taking anything away from brady and the crew they had to play amazingly well to get back into that game and have everything go right for them which on their behalf they did their part to perfection.  But the falcons coaching staff gave them that win and whats even more sad is Shanny didn't learn a dang thing and cost the 49ers their SB ring as well for not running the ball again. 

6 hours ago, pf9 said:

I'm curious. What happened to those indigenous people?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I see what what your saying, but I don't think it's Brady that's changing the perception as much as it just being the way new teams are built behind rookie QB contracts since it gives them the most flexibility. 

Since the new 2011 CBA, a team gets 4 years to build around a rookie QB contract and that's the way to do it in the modern day.  I'm not saying it can't be done afterwards but it certainly does give them the best chance.  See Cam, Wilson, and Goff. 

• Like 1