If Jaguars draft Lawrence, how fast will they win two Super Bowls?

pf9

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I mean the last first overall pick to win 2 superbowls for the team that drafted them was troy aikman so yeah I'll keep this energy.

"Not poised for success" sure doesn't sound like SB or bust to me.

It's fine, just keep that energy.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:30 AM, pf9 said:

The other two Florida teams, Miami and Tampa Bay, have now won two Super Bowls. Miami won both of theirs in consecutive seasons in the 1970s, the first capping off the only perfect season in NFL history. Despite his talents, Dan Marino was never able to win it all. Meanwhile the Bucs went 17 seasons in between championships, the last 12 of these being non-playoff seasons. It took the acquisition of Tom Brady, ironically from Miami rival New England, to get their second title.

The Jaguars are unique in that they are in a part of Florida that still retains its Southern characteristics, Miami and Tampa Bay have both been drastically changed by the arrival of people from the North.

So, if the Jaguars take Trevor Lawrence, how fast do you think they will get their second Super Bowl championship?

When/if they surroudnhin with a good enough team (assuming he converts well to the pros, which all signs suggest he will). You could put a 99 overall on everything in Madden type QB on a bad team and mismanaged and they won't be winning any superbowls. 

It's not tennis, it's a team sport. 

The Jags actually had a really good team back when they had Brunell, Smith, and McCardell. They never got a championship but they were a fun and respectable team. I don’t see why they can’t get at least to that level of respectability with Meyer and Lawrence. Honestly, I think Lawrence is so good that the Jags might win in spite of other components of their organization. 

Most people realize that it takes more than a great quarterback to win a Super Bowl.  At the same time, most people also realize that it is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl without a great quarterback.  While it is far too early to be predicting multiple championships for the Jaguars, one thing looks fairly certain: they are one of the few teams in the league who will have one of the small handful of elite NFL quarterbacks.  That fact alone vaults them ahead of most of the rest of the league when it comes to the quest for a Super Bowl win.

Edited by Uncle Buck

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That fact alone vaults them ahead of most of the rest of the league when it comes to the quest for a Super Bowl win.

This was said about the Browns for years whenever they draft a QB. The same was said about the Rams when they drafted Bradford and the same was said about the Colts when they drafted Luck......... and we have seen how all of that turned out. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Most people realize that it takes more than a great quarterback to win a Super Bowl.  At the same time, most people also realize that it is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl without a great quarterback.  While it is far to early to be predicting multiple championships for the Jaguars, one thing looks fairly certain: they are one of the few teams in the league who will have one of the small handful of elite NFL quarterbacks.  That fact alone vaults them ahead of most of the rest of the league when it comes to the quest for a Super Bowl win.

Yeah it now feels like you need something else as well as the QB. Every SB winning team in recent times have had something just as special.

Bucs had their pass rush, Chiefs needed Hill doing what he does in the SB, Pats had a great D and game plan, Eagles had a divine intervention....etc

QB alone isn't enough, and we a) don't yet know that Lawrence will be great, and b) what else have they got that's special? They used to have a SB calibre defense which has now been jettisoned. They're probably still a long way off

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't like the pairing of arguably the safest number one pick since Luck with arguably the riskiest hire since Saban.

I like Meyer am a Gators fan but I'm sure they had candidates lined up to coach Lawrence head scratch move .

what's wrong with him? (Don't really follow CFB enough)