Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Seriously man, what did Brady do to you?

On topic: FA is going to be interesting with how few teams have any kind of cap room. BB would probably love to have JJ, but - weird as it is to say it - NE is not the team for ring chasing right now. Tampa is an obvious choice if he's in it for the glory, especially if Suh does retire, but they have so many of their own FAs they need to sign JJ becomes a luxury. I highly doubt JJ would want to play against his brothers, and the Steelers can't afford him so that rules the AFCN out.

As much as every team in the league wants him, it's hard to see a place where he really fits. Maybe the Colts, but going to a division rival would be a kick to the nads of Houston fans.

I dont see why competing with his brothers in the same division would be something he would say no to. If he thinks the Ravens or Browns are ready to win a championship why not go there?

Buffalo is likely ready to move on from some dlineman and would fit in there as a 4-3 LDE or line up as the 3T

Not really sure what style GB will be representing this year if they will have a base 4-3 like the coach had with Chargers or stick with a traditional 3-4 that Pettine ran before being booted but they could use Watt's versatility along the line, if they are willing to make cap adjustments. 

Seattle is always active when it comes to defensive guys where Pete can find a role for him. 

Colts would be solid but that is probably something Watt would not do out of respect to the McNair's after they let him go.

It just comes down to where he is more comfortable. I do know this Bills fans are super crazy and if he went there expect a ton of donations to his charity.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Not really sure what style GB will be representing this year if they will have a base 4-3 like the coach had with Chargers or stick with a traditional 3-4 that Pettine ran before being booted but they could use Watt's versatility along the line, if they are willing to make cap adjustments. 

They're almost certainly running a 3-4 defense in the Fangio mold.

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Why is everyone saying he doesn’t want to play against his brothers? Why is that such a hot take. Has he publicly said he doesn’t want to or did I miss some news. (tbh I don’t follow the Texans that closely)

He's about six years older than his brothers, so he's said it would be cool to play with them, because they never played on the same team before...

I'll try to find it, any Google search right now is just news on this current situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's about six years older than his brothers, so he's said it would be cool to play with them, because they never played on the same team before...

I'll try to find it, any Google search right now is just news on this current situation.

Ahh no need for that man but thank you, thank you appreciate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yea I get it, would be cool but as much rumors that are being discussed of him joining Pitt, the rumors of him not wanting to compete against them are coming out. Which is why he posed the question why are so many people assuming that he does not want to face his brothers, meaning playing for Ravens or Browns?

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Yea I get it, would be cool but as much rumors that are being discussed of him joining Pitt, the rumors of him not wanting to compete against them are coming out. Which is why he posed the question why are so many people assuming that he does not want to face his brothers, meaning playing for Ravens or Browns?

It's one of those things that was said when the Texans played the Steelers this past season - I think it could be conjecture, so you could be right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah, but that’s only in respect to Super Bowl trophies, not actually him as a person.  

Don’t believe everything you hear.  

So, now on top of knowing Tom Brady... You know JJ Watt, too?

Hmm, you have an impressive circle of friends.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, now on top of knowing Tom Brady... You know JJ Watt, too?

Hmm, you have an impressive circle of friends.

Not claiming I know how JJ thinks.  

I’m just saying that if the guy says he respects Tom Brady I wouldn’t take that on face value.  

Sure he respects him as long as he doesn’t have to play on the same team as him.

A lot of players wouldn’t want to.  

Why does liking and respecting a player or not have to do with choosing a team. They are on opposite sides of the ball and majority of players stick to hanging out with people that they deal with. If tom was a dlineman then I could see Watt's views matter for or against him but that should have no impact on him fitting with TB or not. If Watt was a receiver then his views of Brady would have to matter in order to build the chemistry. 

3 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I’m just saying that if the guy says he respects Tom Brady I wouldn’t take that on face value.  

Sure he respects him as long as he doesn’t have to play on the same team as him.

I still don't get how this tracks. Why wouldn't we take it on face value? 

9 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

In danger of derailing the thread, but I need to dig down into this...what exactly are you saying? That Brady is a garbage person or a bad team mate? Because in 20 years I don't recall any team mate ever having anything but good things to say about him.

In terms of professionalism, competitiveness and drive to win it's hard to see how Watt and Brady wouldn't get along.