"You get to make the playoffs and be on a legit contender"

Image result for vince mcmahon gif

"You get to play close to your other brothers"

"You don't have to play for Jack Easterby any longer"

"You get to pancake your brother Derek twice a year"

...spoken like someone who doesn't really know JJ Watt.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

He didn’t have a lot of sacks but he still had 14 tackles for loss. That’s a lot  for a 32-year old guy. 

I think he still plays at Pro Bowl level. I think he could get a very decent deal for 2-3 years still. But think he ring chases

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

He didn’t have a lot of sacks but he still had 14 tackles for loss. That’s a lot  for a 32-year old guy. 

Given the state of the Texans D last season, five sacks is a miracle on its own - literally nobody else could get pressure, so Watt was schemed against repeatedly.

Once upon a time, that wouldn't matter - but 32 year old Watt, with significant back, wrist, knee/leg and pec injuries to account for - it was enough to take him out of the play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the state of the Texans D last season, five sacks is a miracle on its own - literally nobody else could get pressure, so Watt was schemed against repeatedly.

Once upon a time, that wouldn't matter - but 32 year old Watt, with significant back, wrist, knee/leg and pec injuries to account for - it was enough to take him out of the play.

This is why I want him in Atlanta. Jarrett had the same issues in 2020. He was repeatedly schemed against and still got 4.5. Watt and Jarrett could look like KErney and Coleman when they both posted up 10+ sacks together. I just don't think JJ comes here unless he sits with Blank and talks about all the off-field charity initiatives the team is involved in.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Because Watt deserves better. Because he's more than a 34 DE to the city of Houston.

He still could have been traded to a team that has a chance to compete for something or even give him a say in the matter. I'd imagine that would be where most of his market would be anyway (teams in contention that are 1 piece away from being a Super Bowl contender) at this stage of his career. 

I know we had that of situation with Drew Brees where he meant so much in the city of New Orleans, but had we been a terrible team towards the end of his career, I'd have no issue giving him a chance elsewhere, but I'd at least like some compensation in return.

• Like 1