Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently Dame wants out and wants to win now, Jazz are one of the teams he had mentioned he'd be interested in playing for in the past. He played his college ball in the greatest state. And would have two All-Stars on his team who won't miss 50+ games next year. @CWood21

Why would Portland trade him within a division without any projected lottery pick or former high draft pick?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would Portland trade him within a division without any projected lottery pick or former high draft pick?

Why did Houston trade Harden to his preferred destination without getting any projected lottery picks? Sure they got "former high picks" in Exum and Olynyk but Exum didn't even play and Kelly is leaving in free agency after playing there for 15 games. 

As I mentioned before it is a long shot but if he makes it clear he wants to come here he could force their hand. Bojan was recovering from a wrist injury but is still one of the best shooters in the league and can be an 18-20 ppg guy. Clarkson and Ingles were both just 1/2 in 6th MOY voting on the #1 seed in the West. 

McCollum - Norman - Bojan - Covington - Nurkic 

w/ Clarkson, Simmons, Ingles, Collins off the bench

That'd be a pretty bad defensive team but they'd be one of the best shooting teams in the league and wouldn't immediately tank after losing Lillard. 

The 2021 and 2023 first round picks are likely to be late but the 2025 and 2027 picks could be high lottery picks considering Rudy and Dame will both be in their mid 30's and we'd be in cap hell. 

@CWood21 If Dame wants to win the one place that could potentially make sense would be the Knicks. Just don't think that a package built around RJ Barrett and/or Randle would be enough to get it done, especially when they're both due for extensions. And if he were to go to NY he'd have to carry the team next season because they'd be gutting their roster to land him and then pray he can recruit another star or 2 in 2022.

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why did Houston trade Harden to his preferred destination without getting any projected lottery picks? Sure they got "former high picks" in Exum and Olynyk but Exum didn't even play and Kelly is leaving in free agency after playing there for 15 games. 

As I mentioned before it is a long shot but if he makes it clear he wants to come here he could force their hand. Bojan was recovering from a wrist injury but is still one of the best shooters in the league and can be an 18-20 ppg guy. Clarkson and Ingles were both just 1/2 in 6th MOY voting on the #1 seed in the West. 

McCollum - Norman - Bojan - Covington - Nurkic 

w/ Clarkson, Simmons, Ingles, Collins off the bench

That'd be a pretty bad defensive team but they'd be one of the best shooting teams in the league and wouldn't immediately tank after losing Lillard. 

The 2021 and 2023 first round picks are likely to be late but the 2025 and 2027 picks could be high lottery picks considering Rudy and Dame will both be in their mid 30's and we'd be in cap hell. 

I mean, if you want to use the Harden trade (i.e. the worst trade for a franchise player in recent memory) over say the Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, etc. trades, I think you're way off base.  Let me ask you this, would you accept 2 6th men and a slew of future FRPs for Mitchell?

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want to use the Harden trade (i.e. the worst trade for a franchise player in recent memory) over say the Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, etc. trades, I think you're way off base.  Let me ask you this, would you accept 2 6th men and a slew of future FRPs for Mitchell?

No but Mitchell isn't 31 years old or asking to be traded. 

The Cavaliers got Isaiah Thomas, Ante Zizic, Jae Crowder, and a future 1st for Irving. 

None of those guys did much for Cleveland and the pick turned into Sexton, who they're trying to move because they don't want to pay him. 

The Pelicans got Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, #4 pick, and 2 future late 1st round picks for Davis. 

Ingram is developing into an All-Star caliber player, Ball is a role player who they'll have to overpay or let walk, Hart has already expressed he wants to walk, and the 4th pick netted them Jaxson Hayes who hasn't done much. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No but Mitchell isn't 31 years old or asking to be traded. 

The Cavaliers got Isaiah Thomas, Ante Zizic, Jae Crowder, and a future 1st for Irving. 

None of those guys did much for Cleveland and the pick turned into Sexton, who they're trying to move because they don't want to pay him. 

The Pelicans got Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, #4 pick, and 2 future late 1st round picks for Davis. 

Ingram is developing into an All-Star caliber player, Ball is a role player who they'll have to overpay or let walk, Hart has already expressed he wants to walk, and the 4th pick netted them Jaxson Hayes who hasn't done much. 

The Cavaliers got a former All Star coming off a 29/6 season, a former #23 overall, one of the best role players and a near guaranteed lottery selection for a guy who forced his way out of Cleveland.  Pelicans got two former #2 overall picks, plus a high quality role player along with 3 FRPS, including the #3 overall pick.  Way to use hindsight to justify your crappy trade offer.

Portland receives: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, #3, #14, future picks from Dallas

Cavaliers receive: Kristapas Prozingis, #7 

Dallas receives: Damian Lillard

Golden State receives: Gordon Hayward, Josh Richardson, #11

Charlote receives: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Cavaliers got a former All Star coming off a 29/6 season, a former #23 overall, one of the best role players and a near guaranteed lottery selection for a guy who forced his way out of Cleveland.  Pelicans got two former #2 overall picks, plus a high quality role player along with 3 FRPS, including the #3 overall pick.  Way to use hindsight to justify your crappy trade offer.

How good have those teams been since trading for all of these great pieces?