Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Would that team be better than the current Blazers?

No but if he wants out they're going to want a huge package for him centered around a young piece. Which is why I think it's Boston, New York, or Philly cause they can offer Barrett, Brown, or Simmons. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No but if he wants out they're going to want a huge package for him centered around a young piece. Which is why I think it's Boston, New York, or Philly cause they can offer Barrett, Brown, or Simmons. 

Lillard and Tatum would be filthy.  

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Lillard and Tatum would be filthy.  

They'd have to give up Brown + Smart for it to work salary wise. And if they dump Horford's expiring deal next summer, I believe they'd have space for a 3rd max guy. 

If Philly were to land him with a package of Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey and picks they'd have a good shot at making a title run. Dame, Harris, and Embiid would be very nice.

Edited by NYRaider

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They'd have to give up Brown + Smart for it to work salary wise. And if they dump Horford's expiring deal next summer, I believe they'd have space for a 3rd max guy. 

If Philly were to land him with a package of Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey and picks they'd have a good shot at making a title run. Dame, Harris, and Embiid would be very nice.

Brown and Nesmith works financially if they were to do it before the new league year.  They’d have to add enough first rd picks from now to the apocalypse though. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Delusional Laker fans on Twitter coming up with trade packages for Dame that center around Schoder THT and Kuzma and whatever picks they have and they really think it’s a good trade offer. Which is the sad part 

los-angeles-lakers-could-land-damian-lil

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Delusional Laker fans on Twitter coming up with trade packages for Dame that center around Schoder THT and Kuzma and whatever picks they have and they really think it’s a good trade offer. Which is the sad part 

I'd love to have Dame, but there's not a chance he's a Laker.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd love to have Dame, but there's not a chance he's a Laker.

They said delusional. I don't think you count.

Most Lakers fans I know, of which there are surprisingly many, have a relatively realistic outlook on their team. They know their pretty much tapped out for the immediate future.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers receive: Mike Conley (S&T) 

Spurs receive: Kyle Kuzma, Jazz 2023 1st round pick 

Jazz receive: DeMar DeRozan (S&T)

You keep making these S&T deals but they're only possible if one of the teams is way below the cap that they could absorb the hit. You can't send out a S&T in a trade for full salary, you only get rid of 50% of what they sign for. So if Conley gets $20 Million, the Jazz need DD to sign for half that. I'm not sure if the Spurs could even pull that off because of cap holds and whether or not they need to renounce almost all of their cap holds to get under enough to even pull that off, considering, if DD signed for $10 Million, they could only take back $5 Million and Kuzma makes $13m. It'd take a **** ton of work. Plus, the Lakers would need to send out even more money in order to take on Conley's full $20m in that scenario. Just really not a feasible deal. S&Ts are not easy at all. Dual S&Ts are practically impossible.

EDIT - and in order to re-sign DeRozan in a S&T, I think the Spurs need to keep his $39m cap hold on the books which means they have even less room to work with. This deal just isn't possible IIRC.

Edited by beekay414