Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In terms of what they can take back.  It doesn't affect trade value unless they're receiving raises greater than 20%.

If you are trading someone in a S&T, you can only take back half of what they signed for unless you have cap space to absorb the entire deal. So, if Conley signed for $18m, the Jazz can only take back $9m since they are over the cap.

Or has that changed recently?

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If you are trading someone in a S&T, you can only take back half of what they signed for unless you have cap space to absorb the entire deal. So, if Conley signed for $18m, the Jazz can only take back $9m since they are over the cap.

Or has that changed recently?

Not seeing it.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

It falls under the "BYC" provision though.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q93

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not seeing it.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

It falls under the "BYC" provision though.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q93

Okay, yeah, this was more IRT the Bucks Bogdan deal last year due to his raise. The BYC no longer exists but the principles behind it still do. 

Guess it wouldn't really have an impact on veterans being dealt then since they've all made more money than they're likely to get now. Gotcha. I was confused like "what the hell do yearly raises matter in a one year trade" when the issue was "the new contract is 20% more annually than their prior deal."

Just now, beekay414 said:

Okay, yeah, this was more IRT the Bucks Bogdan deal last year due to his raise. The BYC no longer exists but the principles behind it still do. 

Guess it wouldn't really have an impact on veterans being dealt then since they've all made more money than they're likely to get now. Gotcha. I was confused like "what the hell do yearly raises matter in a one year trade" when the issue was "the new contract is 20% more annually than their prior deal."

Yeah...it makes it difficult to S&T players like Schroder since you're limited to how much you can pay him in Y1 because they didn't get a ton.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah...it makes it difficult to S&T players like Schroder since you're limited to how much you can pay him in Y1 because they didn't get a ton.

Yeah, the Warriors couldn't S&T Oubre for like $19m or more due to the 20% raise in the contract from his $15m AAV unless they only took back $9.5m in return or re-routed $10m elsewhere.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, beekay414 said:

Well, Schroder made $16m this year so the Lakers could feasibly S&T him for $19m and take back a full $19m in the deal due to that just being under a 20% raise.

Needs to happen, for Brogdan. They can pick whoever they want to include in a deal

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Memphis receives: Collin Sexton

Cleveland receives: Grayson Allen, Xavier Tillman, #17, 2024 Golden State 1st, 2025 1st round pick swap

Really don't want to see Tillman on the Cavs.  I like Memphis in that I can root for JJJ and Tillman, and I like Morant.  Seems like a lot to give up for a guy who is going to need a big contract soon and I am not sure he is worth that contract.