Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

If true that’s not a bad offer. 

I would have rejected this too.  I think there is a better chance Simmons returns to his career FT and shooting percentages if not betters them slightly with extreme focus on it this year than Brogdon helping them get over the hump.  Simmons still brings that elite defense and playmaking along with very good rebounding to the table at worst.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Seems like a lot to give up for a guy who is going to need a big contract soon and I am not sure he is worth that contract.  

Well Allen needs his own contract. Memphis desperately needs another perimeter player who can create. He'd be a good secondary ball-handler and primary perimeter shot creator. Also moves Brooks into more of a 3&D role that he is much better suited for.

Biggest downside would be it'd lock us into a frail backcourt, but the good would definitely far outweigh the bad.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Well Allen needs his own contract. Memphis desperately needs another perimeter player who can create. He'd be a good secondary ball-handler and primary perimeter shot creator. Also moves Brooks into more of a 3&D role that he is much better suited for.

Biggest downside would be it'd lock us into a frail backcourt, but the good would definitely far outweigh the bad.

Agreed, but more than anything I dont want to see Tillman on the Cavs.  Anywhere but the Cavs. Just send Brandon Clarke instead and keep the pick swap.  

On 6/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, beekay414 said:

So, if Conley signed for $18m, the Jazz can only take back $9m since they are over the cap.

I thought that as long as we're under like $140.5M we'd be fine with what we brought back under the luxury tax rules.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm assuming that you'd just have Morant defend 2's and having JJJ/Valancunas also would make up for some of that lack of size with their rim protection, weren't you guys just the 6th best defensive team in the league?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming that you'd just have Morant defend 2's and having JJJ/Valancunas also would make up for some of that lack of size with their rim protection, weren't you guys just the 6th best defensive team in the league?

Oh yeah, the system is good and we have solid defenders all around them. I'm confident we'd still be a top 10-12 team defensively, which is why I think the good outweighs the bad.

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, but more than anything I dont want to see Tillman on the Cavs.  Anywhere but the Cavs. Just send Brandon Clarke instead and keep the pick swap.  

Haha fair enough. I'd rather lose Tillman than Clarke though.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Haha fair enough. I'd rather lose Tillman than Clarke though.

And with Sexton I don’t even think it’d be a huge issue. He’s only 6’1” but he has a 6’7” wingspan and is athletic. It just doesn’t work in Cleveland because Garland is also tiny and they didn’t have a ton of rim protection other than Allen who missed a good chunk of the season. 

36 minutes ago, amac said:

I'd probably consider giving up future picks to get Sexton to New Orleans

We don't need an undersized guard that doesn't play defense that will most likely request a max contract.

8 hours ago, JMG5 said:

We don't need an undersized guard that doesn't play defense that will most likely request a max contract.

Meh I think Sexton's defensive woes are exaggerated. Garland/Sexton, particularly with very little rim protection, is just not a great duo defensively.