Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Pelicans just need to be patient. NAW and Hayes both took huge steps under a coach who didn’t play them as much as he should’ve. Hayes has a really high ceiling. 

I feel like the Pelicans have such a weird roster construction. Obviously Zion and Ingram are both amazing players but you guys have a ton of pieces that don't really fit that well together. 

Adding Adams made sense I guess if it was cap filler, not sure why you guys signed him to an extension though. Especially since Zion is at his best around the basket and like 99% of Adams offense comes in the paint. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I feel like the Pelicans have such a weird roster construction. Obviously Zion and Ingram are both amazing players but you guys have a ton of pieces that don't really fit that well together. 

Adding Adams made sense I guess if it was cap filler, not sure why you guys signed him to an extension though. Especially since Zion is at his best around the basket and like 99% of Adams offense comes in the paint. 

Adams one of the better screeners in the league. Actually opens up a lot of looks for Ingram.  Hayes and Zion will run a lot together I bet, Hayes is really the perfect C for today’s NBA if he reaches his potential.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, NYRaider said:

Warriors receive: Zach LaVine, Saddiq Bey, Mason Plumlee

Bulls receive: Andrew Wiggins, #7, #14

Pistons receive: James Wiseman, 2023 1st round pick (GS, Top 3 protected)

I think I would rather move Grant than Be, but also wouldnt work salary wise.   I'd also rather get #7 back and give the Bulls the future 1st from GS but not sure they do that.  But I would probably do this, even though that GS pick is likely a late 1st next year, especially after this move. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

only thing i would trade them is 2nd pick, gordon, bucks 1st in 2023 and their rights to keep their first rounder they owe us.  i like having the 2nd pick.  we can choose who they dont pick out of cade and green. 

The Rockets must like Cade a lot more than Green if the reports are true. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Knicks receive: Collin Sexton

Cavaliers receive: Obi Toppin, #19, #21

que the "Cavs fans overrate Sexton" comments, but for me this isn't enough to get it done. I liked Obi coming out of Dayton, and I thought he was going to be our pick over Okoro, however after his year one performance, I can't trade Sexton for two later 1sts and a player that may or may not develop. I get that Randle had a hell of a season and why that may have eaten into some of Obi's minutes, however the fact that Obi at his size isn't athletic enough to be able to play minutes at the 3 position doesn't sit well with me. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

only deal i would offer them is 2nd pick, gordon, bucks 1st in 2023 and their rights to keep their first rounder they owe us.  i like having the 2nd pick.  we can choose who they dont pick out of cade and green. 

I would probably take that tbh.  But would like to then flip Gordon.   His contract isnt awful but it isnt worth having him take away Green's minutes either.  He really is the only player of value aside from KPJ that Houston has that we would have any interest in.  My concern with that would be that the Pistons would take Mobley and keep Gordon with that deal.  

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

que the "Cavs fans overrate Sexton" comments, but for me this isn't enough to get it done. I liked Obi coming out of Dayton, and I thought he was going to be our pick over Okoro, however after his year one performance, I can't trade Sexton for two later 1sts and a player that may or may not develop. I get that Randle had a hell of a season and why that may have eaten into some of Obi's minutes, however the fact that Obi at his size isn't athletic enough to be able to play minutes at the 3 position doesn't sit well with me. 

I read the package would likely be Toppin, Knox, and the two picks. At the end of the day the Cavaliers don't want to pay Sexton.