Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I read the package would likely be Toppin, Knox, and the two picks. At the end of the day the Cavaliers don't want to pay Sexton.

At the end of the day, Sexton is a 24PPG efficient scorer that several teams seem to be interested in trading for. What you assume the Cavs want to do as far as paying him goes isn't really relevant. 

Lets be honest. If Sexton was on the Jazz, and Mitchell was a Cavalier, y'all would be saying the same stuff about Donovan as you do now about Collin. It's nice getting to play with the DPOY and the 6th man of the year. 

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

At the end of the day, Sexton is a 24PPG efficient scorer that several teams seem to be interested in trading for. What you assume the Cavs want to do as far as paying him goes isn't really relevant. 

Lets be honest. If Sexton was on the Jazz, and Mitchell was a Cavalier, y'all would be saying the same stuff about Donovan as you do now about Collin. It's nice getting to play with the DPOY and the 6th man of the year. 

Andrew Wiggins was an efficient 24 ppg scorer on a 31 win Minnesota team as well. His scoring didn't translate to winning and neither has Sexton's, the Cavaliers have been one of the worst teams in the league with him. 

Donovan Mitchell carried the Jazz to the 2nd round of the playoffs as a rookie beating the Thunder with MVP Westbrook and Paul George. Collin Sexton dropping buckets gets you 20 wins in the Eastern Conference.

What the Cavaliers want to do in terms of paying him has everything to do with his trade value. He's a restricted free agent next summer and can sigh a max offer sheet elsewhere. Forcing the Cavaliers to either pay him or lose him for nothing. The same can be said for any team that trades for him, if you're going to make a move on him, you have to do so ready to give him a max extension. Why were the Raptors able to acquire Leonard for DeRozan? Because he was on a 1 year deal and the uncertainty of any team that traded for him being able to keep him long-term drove down his trade value. 

They could do that. But Sexton’s agent will probably push for a maximum contract. That could hurt his trade value. Most good teams view Sexton as a Lou Williams, instant-offense player off the bench. Allen is rated higher by most teams.

Jason Lloyd of The Athletic previously reported the Cavs were planning to offer Sexton a max extension, but based on his more recent conversations, he "no longer" believes that's the case with the guard now "very available" for trade heading into the offseason.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's also relevant @H2ThaIzzo because Jarrett Allen is going to get a huge deal this summer as well. Not to mention that Garland will be due for an extension soon too. 

Allen seems like a nice player but I think paying offensively limited centers big money is usually a mistake. 

13 minutes ago, amac said:

Allen seems like a nice player but I think paying offensively limited centers big money is usually a mistake. 

The Cavaliers reportedly are more willing to pay Allen then Sexton. Primarily because they prefer Garland over Sexton and the two don't work together defensively. 

14 minutes ago, amac said:

If I were Cleveland I'd try to trade #3 to Orlando for #5/#8. Then target Scottie Barnes at #5 and Keon Johnson at #8. 

Garland - Johnson - Okoro - Barnes - Allen

Could be a filthy young core. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Philadelphia receives: Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Marvin Bagley

Sacramento receives: Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, #28

That would be such a lackluster haul for Philly IMO and makes them worse.  Yes they add some shooting but defensively slip and although Haliburton showed some promise, it wasn't enough for me to consider giving up Simmons for if I am Philly. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:36 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

That would be such a lackluster haul for Philly IMO and makes them worse.  Yes they add some shooting but defensively slip and although Haliburton showed some promise, it wasn't enough for me to consider giving up Simmons for if I am Philly. 

I actually really like that one for Philly.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 5:36 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree considering PHI has assets to pair with Simmons, they would dumb to not go all in with a piece like Simmons. PHI should do whatever it takes to get Dame

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I actually really like that one for Philly.

Haliburton flashed a lot last season despite being off the ball most of the time playing with Fox. He's a good playmaker who I think would thrive even more being able to play exclusively at PG, he doesn't turn it over, and he hits the 3 ball at a 40% clip. Buddy has had his ups and downs but he's one of the elite 3 point shooters in the league. And then they'd also be acquiring Bagley, a guy that has struggled, but definitely has the tools and would give the 76ers some flexibility to go big or small. 

Thybulle isn't the biggest guy but I think they could start him at the 3. And Haliburton is a big PG that flashed some solid defensive ability as a rookie. Buddy would really be their only weak link defensively but he has shown he can be a 20 ppg guy that hits 4 3's per game at around a 40% clip. 

Haliburton - Hield - Thybulle - Harris - Embiid 

I like that lineup as they'd be adding another playmaker to replace Simmons as well as 2 40%+ 3P shooters.

• Like 1