Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

They should have traded him if they weren't going to re-sign him. Of they didn't do their due diligence and look into what kind of deal Ball was potentially in line for, then that's a bad look.

I guess maybe they were hoping teams wouldn't throw the bag at him.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

They should have traded him if they weren't going to re-sign him. Of they didn't do their due diligence and look into what kind of deal Ball was potentially in line for, then that's a bad look.

Tbh I think a lot of it is Rich Paul just doing what he does and leaking a ton of misinformation. Pelicans and Rich Paul also probably don’t have the best relationship so I’m wondering how much bad blood is playing into this. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

There have been rumors swirling all season that teams such as the Knicks and Bulls were interested in him. 

On 7/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, NYRaider said:

That was my source, I didn't think John Hollinger, former NBA GM, and one of the best beat writers in the sport would lie. So if that is a lie and he is a fraud, okay. But I do agree with you that the Pelicans letting Lonzo walk for nothing when Josh Hart is likely going to do the same would be dumb. 

That article is a speculative piece of garbage based on their lease running out and nothing more. 

Brooklyn Nets: Receive Larry Nance Jr, Cedi Osman

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receive Joe Harris, #27

Brooklyn is a team that needs to improve defensively, and has scorers and shooters already on the team. Losing Harris hurts, but gaining Nance's defensive prowess will help fortify their defensive issues. Nance also would be a good efficient offensive player to surround Durant, Irving and Harden with. Osman helps facilitate the salaries, but also gives them a guy who can come off the bench and give them some valuable floor time when necessary, high effort/hustle guy. 

Cleveland gets a shooter that they absolutely need on the team, as well as a veteran presence that they could use in the locker room. 

4 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Brooklyn Nets: Receive Larry Nance Jr, Cedi Osman

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receive Joe Harris, #27

Brooklyn is a team that needs to improve defensively, and has scorers and shooters already on the team. Losing Harris hurts, but gaining Nance's defensive prowess will help fortify their defensive issues. Nance also would be a good efficient offensive player to surround Durant, Irving and Harden with. Osman helps facilitate the salaries, but also gives them a guy who can come off the bench and give them some valuable floor time when necessary, high effort/hustle guy. 

Cleveland gets a shooter that they absolutely need on the team, as well as a veteran presence that they could use in the locker room. 

Yeah, I'd probably do that as a Cavs fan. The Harris salary is huge, but it's not like we want to be spending it on anybody else right now (stares daggers at Kevin Love), and the shooting would be hugely important to our offense and open things up for the young guys to develop offensively.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Cleveland might do it, but I doubt Brooklyn would. 

why do you think Brooklyn would say no? They may, but I'd say that they are hard pressed to get as much help to get them winning now, given the fact of the age of their star players, and what we saw from Milwaukee once they got hot. Brooklyn has every chance to contend, but they can't do it without defense. And I don't think they can ride out hoping a rookie 27th overall pick will be the next Thybulle. 

3 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

why do you think Brooklyn would say no? They may, but I'd say that they are hard pressed to get as much help to get them winning now, given the fact of the age of their star players, and what we saw from Milwaukee once they got hot. Brooklyn has every chance to contend, but they can't do it without defense. And I don't think they can ride out hoping a rookie 27th overall pick will be the next Thybulle. 

I don't think Brooklyn wants to move Harris. LNJ is always hurt.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Brooklyn wants to move Harris. LNJ is always hurt.

Kyrie’s always hurt. Hardens been hurt. Durants had some big injuries the last few years. I don’t think they’d like to move Harris either, but they don’t have a lot of options with the roster how it is now. Maybe they can get a solid vet defender on a cheap deal, but they will be vying against quite a few other interested teams. 

17 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Kyrie’s always hurt. Hardens been hurt. Durants had some big injuries the last few years. I don’t think they’d like to move Harris either, but they don’t have a lot of options with the roster how it is now. Maybe they can get a solid vet defender on a cheap deal, but they will be vying against quite a few other interested teams. 

Even with the Nets current cap situation they'll be able to attract ring chasing veterans on 1 year/min deals just because they have their big 3. Especially with how wild next years free agency looks like it's going to be. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:41 AM, NYRaider said:

Absolutely, especially since Mobley/Suggs both fit the Raptors roster perfectly. I could see Cleveland moving down if the Magic were willing to give up #5/#8 for #3. Maybe something like...

Magic receive: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, #3

Cavaliers receive: Terrence Ross, Gary Harris, #5, #8, #33

Why on earth would the Cavs do this? 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:18 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Haha I knew you’d reference this dumb article. All of New Orleans best writers laughed at it.

Benson has said multiple times she’d never sell or move the team. The team is profitable and it’s worth 6x now what the Bensons paid for it. It’s a lazy, poorly researched joke of an article. 

If the team is worth 6x now, sounds like the time to sell 😂