Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Sllim Pickens @catcheryea

Pistons receive: Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman

Warriors receive: Jerami Grant, Josh Jackson, Saddiq Bey

I don't like giving up Bey for a long contract in Wiggins but given the upside of Wiseman I would probably do this given its hard to get free agents here anyways.  Wiggins actually could be a solid scorer with this crew but he would have to keep up the defensive intensity to be worth it at all. 

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't like giving up Bey for a long contract in Wiggins but given the upside of Wiseman I would probably do this given its hard to get free agents here anyways.  Wiggins actually could be a solid scorer with this crew but he would have to keep up the defensive intensity to be worth it at all. 

Wiseman and Wiggins would give you guys the top tier athleticism you're currently lacking. 

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Is wiseman even any good? Wiggins you don’t want if your Detroit. Wiseman doesn’t seem worth it then 

Wiseman is about potential, and I think he can be pretty good.  Judging much by this past year is tough for all of the rookies given the short time between being drafted and the season starting with no summer leagues etc.  Especially for a guy who hadn't played much in a year.  I think he will be a solid C, potentially can be what Deandre Ayton is now.  Which isn't really franchise cornerstone but its a really good piece.  If Wiseman doesn't develop, in this scenario we would still be a top 2 or 3 pick and can add another big piece.  If he improves and we jump into the 5-10 pick range, then it would be a positive and could continue to build around him.  In general It isnt a great move for us but the Pistons don't sign big money free agents (at least the ones who are deserving) and this would help add another potential piece to build on. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Wiseman is about potential, and I think he can be pretty good.  Judging much by this past year is tough for all of the rookies given the short time between being drafted and the season starting with no summer leagues etc.  Especially for a guy who hadn't played much in a year.  I think he will be a solid C, potentially can be what Deandre Ayton is now.  Which isn't really franchise cornerstone but its a really good piece.  If Wiseman doesn't develop, in this scenario we would still be a top 2 or 3 pick and can add another big piece.  If he improves and we jump into the 5-10 pick range, then it would be a positive and could continue to build around him.  In general It isnt a great move for us but the Pistons don't sign big money free agents (at least the ones who are deserving) and this would help add another potential piece to build on. 

Idk seems too risky IMO. He’s not Ayton. Your focus now needs to be getting snipers around Cade so he has space to operate and do his thing. 

wiseman presents the problem a lot of young bigs do like jarret Allen, Steven Adams did this to OkC and NOP… they’re just not worth that 2nd contract. You’re far better off just not paying that big and getting a vet min guy and spending that money on guards or wings instead.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Idk seems too risky IMO. He’s not Ayton. Your focus now needs to be getting snipers around Cade so he has space to operate and do his thing. 

wiseman presents the problem a lot of young bigs do like jarret Allen, Steven Adams did this to OkC and NOP… they’re just not worth that 2nd contract. You’re far better off just not paying that big and getting a vet min guy and spending that money on guards or wings instead.

Wiseman and Ayton had similar numbers as rookies, albeit Wiseman was on a very different team and wasn't used as much offensively but similar defensive numbers and Wiseman shot better from 2 and 3 than Ayton.  He definitely can become that, and was expected to be in that realm as a prospect.  I don't think one injury affected season on a team that isn't used to utilizing bigs as a determination of what Wiseman is or can be.  He may not reach his potential, thats for sure, but he still has plenty of potential.  

As for what they Pistons need, they need help all around.  Additional scorers for Cade, but also giving Cade the ball to be able to be a playmaker.  Unless Hayes really improves from outside, he and Cade together on the court might not work.  But we also don't have anything down low to support him defensively or offensively, which is where someone like Wiseman comes in.  Add Wiseman and Chet/Paolo next year and we have a pretty solid group of young guys.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Wiseman and Ayton had similar numbers as rookies, albeit Wiseman was on a very different team and wasn't used as much offensively but similar defensive numbers and Wiseman shot better from 2 and 3 than Ayton.  He definitely can become that, and was expected to be in that realm as a prospect.  I don't think one injury affected season on a team that isn't used to utilizing bigs as a determination of what Wiseman is or can be.  He may not reach his potential, thats for sure, but he still has plenty of potential.  

As for what they Pistons need, they need help all around.  Additional scorers for Cade, but also giving Cade the ball to be able to be a playmaker.  Unless Hayes really improves from outside, he and Cade together on the court might not work.  But we also don't have anything down low to support him defensively or offensively, which is where someone like Wiseman comes in.  Add Wiseman and Chet/Paolo next year and we have a pretty solid group of young guys.  

If Cade is like Luka all he needs is snipers and a lob threat C. Ayton is a beast so if Wiseman is that yea Ayton is one out of like 5 centers I would max out. I just don’t think Wiseman is that so he falls into the next tier of center that is going to get overpaid in 3 years when you’re trying to start contending.

the reason OKC never won a championship is because they always paid too much money to centers whether it was Perkins and Ibaka or Adams and kanter getting too much money. And we never had shooting. 

I know the idea of a dominant center is always enticing to fans especially as the league goes small but it’s just not what the winning teams are doing. The big 3 heat didn’t have a center, the warriors didn’t, the bucks last year had Lopez but this wasn’t a guy they’re paying much money. 

centers are a relic. You need snipers around Cade over everything else.

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, but not sure it gives us the high end talent we are lacking but would blow all of our cap space for the near future. 

Wiggins is on a 2 year deal, could easily be moved in the off-season on an expiring deal. Wiseman is on a rookie contract. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

The nets Lakers and clippers don’t have any centers either. None of the actual contenders care about the position.

The Nets have DeAndre Jordan/Nick Claxton, the Lakers have Dwight Howard/Marc Gasol, the Clippers have Zubac/Ibaka...

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Nets have DeAndre Jordan/Nick Claxton, the Lakers have Dwight Howard/Marc Gasol, the Clippers have Zubac/Ibaka...

Having a big with some range, which Wiseman does albeit needs more work, teams seem to like.  Also Ayton just played in the finals.  Jokic is the league MVP, and Rudy G is a centerpiece on Utah even with his FT troubles.  Embiid was the best player on a 76ers team that was 1st in the East.  Chicago may not be a true contender but they made a move for Vuc.  Bam was a key piece that helped lead Miami to the finals last year and will be a priority to keep.  Technically AD is a C but doesnt like playing there but they are their best with him as a C.  I know Wiseman isn't AD or any of those guys yet, but he does have potential to be drastically better than he showed in limited action this year.  With the right pieces around him, Wiseman could develop into a star.  Not saying its guaranteed, but saying the position is dead and his career is worthless is awfully premature and inaccurate.