Jump to content

Propose A Trade Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously draft picks would have to be involved but...

Philadelphia receives: Collin Sexton, Malik Beasley, Ricky Rubio

Cleveland receives: Anthony Edwards, Patrick Beverly 

Minnesota receives: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

If I am Philly, I value Edwards significantly more than Sexton based on the contract and upside.  No way I send Simmons and Curry, their 3rd/4th best scorer as well in a deal and get just that return.  Throw in all the picks you want but unless one of them is a 1st next year from Cleveland, they don't mean much.  MN may not be a title contender but they will make the playoffs with KAT and Ben on the court together.  Cleveland is improving and I wouldn't want much else form them after next year either and they likely won't give that much up.  Overall this feels like a huge win for Minny and Cleveland, huge loss for Philly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If I am Philly, I value Edwards significantly more than Sexton based on the contract and upside.  No way I send Simmons and Curry, their 3rd/4th best scorer as well in a deal and get just that return.  Throw in all the picks you want but unless one of them is a 1st next year from Cleveland, they don't mean much.  MN may not be a title contender but they will make the playoffs with KAT and Ben on the court together.  Cleveland is improving and I wouldn't want much else form them after next year either and they likely won't give that much up.  Overall this feels like a huge win for Minny and Cleveland, huge loss for Philly. 

Philadelphia has been very public about not being interested in the Timberwolves trade assets which is why they're seeking a third team. Which I'd assume means that they don't particularly like Anthony Edwards very much considering he's only 20 years old, was literally the worst defensive players in the league, and also one of the most inconsistent players in the league as well. Philadelphia has also made it clear that if they're trading Ben they want someone that fits in Embiid's timeline and can help them win now. Sexton is coming off of a 24 ppg season and has improved every year in the league. 

Beasley missed a good chunk of last season but he averaged 20 ppg and made 3.5 3's per game at a 40% clip. That's why I also included Curry in the deal because would there be a ton of minutes for him with Sexton/Beasley coming in especially considering they also have Maxey who's also a smaller guard, Danny Green, and Thybulle. 

For the 76ers this move would also keep their roster flexibility pretty open. Danny Green's contract isn't guaranteed in 2022-2023, Rubio's on an expiring, and Sexton is a RFA next summer. So they could also potentially pursue a player like Lavine or Beal via S&T. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thunder receive: Kevin Love, Tyrese Maxey, draft compensation 

Cavaliers receive: Ben Simmons

76ers receive: Collin Sexton, Ty Jerome, Ricky Rubio

Would probably want to move Allen sooner rather than later but I think Lauri/Mobley are two bigs that can space the floor well enough to fit with Ben. 

Garland - Okoro - Simmons - Markkanen - Mobley 

Edited by NYRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Thunder receive: Kevin Love, Tyrese Maxey, draft compensation 

Cavaliers receive: Ben Simmons

76ers receive: Collin Sexton, Ty Jerome, Ricky Rubio

Would probably want to move Allen sooner rather than later but I think Lauri/Mobley are two bigs that can space the floor well enough to fit with Ben. 

Garland - Okoro - Simmons - Markkanen - Mobley 

So Cavs dump Kevin Love AND get Ben Simmons.  That isn't happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You can't trade a low salary player while using the TPE to match their salary?

For most teams the answer will be no because they're over the cap. Since the Mavs are over the cap, any incoming salary would have to fully fit under the full value of the TPE.

Now, I think they could use the TPE on someone like Jeremy Lamb, Kyle Anderson, or Montrezl Harrell, hold them for a little while and then and then flip them for Ross or Thad Young in a separate trade. 

So maybe they should target Lamb, Harrell, or SlowMo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2021 at 1:58 PM, NYRaider said:

You can't trade a low salary player while using the TPE to match their salary?

You're allowed to go 100k over the TPE to acquire a player.  So if you have a $5M TPE, you can acquire a player who makes a maximum of $5.1M.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...