Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think he would be a nice upgrade at C for the Hornets, especially if thats all it costs.  Unless of course you have high hopes for Kai Jones but I don't see him developing into something as good as Wood. 

If the Hornets are trading for a starting 5, they need to find one that can actually protect the rim. They have enough offense to go around. They'd be better off with a Mitchell Robinson type than a Christian Wood type.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I need some Eric Gordon trade scenarios.  He would be perfect on Milwaukee but they dont have any assets I would want player wise to go with their 1st round pick this year. 

I would love him but y’all ain’t taking crap like Shamet/Smith back.  I fear the Jazz/Grizz making a run at him.

28 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I would love him but y’all ain’t taking crap like Shamet/Smith back.  I fear the Jazz/Grizz making a run at him.

i hope the rockets dont help the jazz.  im still mad those fools lost to us last night allowing us to be 1 game worse than the thunder. SMH!

I've got it. I've done it.

Philadelphia receives: De'Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes, Kendrick Nunn, Lakers 2023 2nd round pick, future underhanded agreement to get Lakers 2023 1st round pick on day of that draft

Sacramento receives: Ben Simmons, Russell Westbrook, Taken Horton-Tucker, Lakers 2028 1st round pick

LA Lakers receive: Tobias Harris, Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III

Edited by seminoles1

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I've got it. I've done it.

Philadelphia receives: De'Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes, Kendrick Nunn, Lakers 2023 2nd round pick, future underhanded agreement to get Lakers 2023 1st round pick on day of that draft

Sacramento receives: Ben Simmons, Russell Westbrook, Taken Horton-Tucker, Lakers 2028 1st round pick

LA Lakers receive: Tobias Harris, Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III

I am guessing it doesnt work financially but seems Bagely should go to Philly instead of the Lakers.  IMO the Lakers are getting steals in getting off of Westbrook and giving up depth for Tobias and Buddy and a late pick next year and one 6 years from now.  Sacramento is giving up a lot but also their team isnt going anywhere as is and getting Ben to build around would be helpful. 

51 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am guessing it doesnt work financially but seems Bagely should go to Philly instead of the Lakers.  IMO the Lakers are getting steals in getting off of Westbrook and giving up depth for Tobias and Buddy and a late pick next year and one 6 years from now.  Sacramento is giving up a lot but also their team isnt going anywhere as is and getting Ben to build around would be helpful. 

It does work financially. Trade Machine approved.

Yep, Lakers get really lucky. It obviously won't happen and the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook in real life. Just a fun, semi-worthy hypothetical trade.

Sacramento doesn't like Bagley or Hield. Bagley is simply a salary throw-in since he isn't good and doesn't have a position, which is why he goes to LA. The only asset to them they're giving up is Fox, and he's well worth getting Simmons.

The 2 questions are is that enough for Simmons to Philadelphia and is Simmons enough to take on Westbrook for 18 months. The real world answers are no, especially since Philadelphia expects the world for Simmons. However, Simmons isn't playing for Philadelphia ever again. Philadelphia knows this. Getting Fox, Barnes, and Nunn helps them compete the next 2 seasons and Fox is a potential building block and All-Star caliber player. Untethered Westbrook without expectations can help get Sacramento to the play-in. He showed it last season. He'll implode in the playoffs, but a franchise that's missed the playoffs for 14 straight years can do desperate things. Only 1 more year on his contract so maybe he can be bought out before next season.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It does work financially. Trade Machine approved.

Yep, Lakers get really lucky. It obviously won't happen and the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook in real life. Just a fun, semi-worthy hypothetical trade.

Sacramento doesn't like Bagley or Hield. Bagley is simply a salary throw-in since he isn't good and doesn't have a position, which is why he goes to LA. The only asset to them they're giving up is Fox, and he's well worth getting Simmons.

The 2 questions are is that enough for Simmons to Philadelphia and is Simmons enough to take on Westbrook for 18 months. The real world answers are no, especially since Philadelphia expects the world for Simmons. However, Simmons isn't playing for Philadelphia ever again. Philadelphia knows this. Getting Fox, Barnes, and Nunn helps them compete the next 2 seasons and Fox is a potential building block and All-Star caliber player. Untethered Westbrook without expectations can help get Sacramento to the play-in. He showed it last season. He'll implode in the playoffs, but a franchise that's missed the playoffs for 14 straight years can do desperate things. Only 1 more year on his contract so maybe he can be bought out before next season.

I meant it doesn't work financially for Bagely to go to Philly.  I assumed it worked as you had it. And I get Bagely isnt a primary piece in a trade but he is good enough to be a role player off the bench for Philly.  

Sac would also be giving up Barnes, so giving up 40% of their roster for Simmons and having to deal with Westbrook would be a significant trade.  I feel like they could do better.