Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

On 4/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, Humble_Beast said:

That team could be good. Would still depend on AD. If we trade him this summer, his stock is so low. Team would be better on defense and more athletic size. Fournier can be the 6th man

LeGM is never agreeing to be traded, if any of the Lakers big 3 is going to be traded it will be Anthony Davis. 

On 4/6/2022 at 5:54 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I know Rudy gets a lot of flak, but I'd say he'd be harder to replace to Mitchell. Idk though, I don't watch the Jazz.

Rudy does receive a lot of unwarranted criticism but it's pretty clear that he and Donovan do not get a long dating back to the covid incident pre-bubble.

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's funny.

I wish we were on the same side of the bracket as you guys, lol. Send those boys back to Cancun again, ask your players how seeing Rudy in the postseason went for them.

The Rudy slander has gotten absolutely ridiculous on here, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wish we were on the same side of the bracket as you guys, lol. Send those boys back to Cancun again, ask your players how seeing Rudy in the postseason went for them.

The Rudy slander has gotten absolutely ridiculous on here, lol.

The asking price is too much. Rudy is a good player, but he's not worth the ROY + 2 young and improving starters on good contracts.

He doesn't move the needle at all for Toronto. They already have a better defense than Utah.

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The asking price is too much. Rudy is a good player, but he's not worth the ROY + 2 young and improving starters on good contracts.

He doesn't move the needle at all for Toronto. They already have a better defense than Utah.

Rudy's the best defensive player in NBA history, the Raptors are going to get destroyed in the 1st round while Embiid feasts on their "defense."

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Warriors veterans are apparently interested in a potential trade for Rudy Gobert. 

Jazz receive: Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga, James Wiseman, 2022 1st

Warriors receive: Rudy Gobert, Royce O'Neale/Bojan Bogdanovic 

I'd imagine Kuminga is untouchable at this point.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd imagine Kuminga is untouchable at this point.

The Warriors are reportedly interested in Gobert. Don't think Wiggins (on an expiring) who has tanked down the stretch, Wiseman (who hasn't even played this year), and/or Moody (who has struggled all year) move the needle in potential trade talks. 

Not sure what the draft compensation would be, but I wonder if something like this would work:

Blazer receive: Gobert

Jazz receive: Grant, Nurkic

Pistons receive: Draft compensation

The Jazz get a replacement center and a guy who can score and defend alongside Mitchell.

Blazers get a defensive anchor.

Pistons get draft picks and continue the rebuild.

On 4/12/2022 at 2:52 PM, NYRaider said:

The Warriors are reportedly interested in Gobert. Don't think Wiggins (on an expiring) who has tanked down the stretch, Wiseman (who hasn't even played this year), and/or Moody (who has struggled all year) move the needle in potential trade talks. 

Gobert isn't bringing back Kuminga.  I don't think he's off-limits like @seminoles1 has suggested, but he's going to be incredibly hard to pry away.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Gobert isn't bringing back Kuminga.  I don't think he's off-limits like @seminoles1 has suggested, but he's going to be incredibly hard to pry away.

He's so untouchable that Kerr doesn't even play him in the playoffs. What else would the Warriors offer us? Wiggins on an expiring deal and Wiseman who hasn't even played this season? So it'd basically be a Wiseman/Gobert swap, no thank you.

Edited by NYRaider

12 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Not sure what the draft compensation would be, but I wonder if something like this would work:

Blazer receive: Gobert

Jazz receive: Grant, Nurkic

Pistons receive: Draft compensation

The Jazz get a replacement center and a guy who can score and defend alongside Mitchell.

Blazers get a defensive anchor.

Pistons get draft picks and continue the rebuild.

Nurkic is a free agent.