Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the Hornets make the most sense. They have a lot of guys on expiring deals that they can potentially move, need a center, and have two 1st round picks.

You think they match a max on Bridges now?  I would think so but they also have big money tied up in Heyward and others so will need to make some moves before doing it given I doubt they go deep in the luxury tax for a team that hasn't made the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You think they match a max on Bridges now?  I would think so but they also have big money tied up in Heyward and others so will need to make some moves before doing it given I doubt they go deep in the luxury tax for a team that hasn't made the playoffs. 

There were rumors that they are potentially willing to tax on Westbrook's expiring deal to move on from Hayward/Rozier so that they have the cap flexibility to pay Ball/Bridges and build around them.

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I hope so.  Adding Ayton to cade and a rookie this year would be solid.  We can send Jerami Grant for him and call it good.  Maybe Olynyk too if you need/want a C back.  Then Stewart can move to a backup PF/C role which suits him better. 

Swapping Grant for Ayton and then drafting Paolo, Jabari, Sharpe, or Ivey would be a nice offseason for the Pistons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Swapping Grant for Ayton and then drafting Paolo, Jabari, Sharpe, or Ivey would be a nice offseason for the Pistons.

Thats my hopes.  We have space so I hope we sign someone worth while like Lavine, Ayton, or Bridges but will probably pay Brunson, Sexton, or Bagley more than we should instead. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats my hopes.  We have space so I hope we sign someone worth while like Lavine, Ayton, or Bridges but will probably pay Brunson, Sexton, or Bagley more than we should instead. 

Ayton makes the most sense because you can force the Suns hands since they clearly don't want to pay him and he's probably worth the max deal. I think LaVine probably ends up going to a contending team.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ayton makes the most sense because you can force the Suns hands since they clearly don't want to pay him and he's probably worth the max deal. I think LaVine probably ends up going to a contending team.

I agree but I think Lavine leaves Chicago so if he wants the big Max in a S&T, he still has to bring something the Bulls want.  I think Grant and Olynyk, maybe Stewart as well included could be a nicer package in return for the Bulls than having to take on Westbrook or something like that.  The contenders don't have a lot of quality they could send to match salaries. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree but I think Lavine leaves Chicago so if he wants the big Max in a S&T, he still has to bring something the Bulls want.  I think Grant and Olynyk, maybe Stewart as well included could be a nicer package in return for the Bulls than having to take on Westbrook or something like that.  The contenders don't have a lot of quality they could send to match salaries. 

Lavine would still have to pick Detroit over other potential suitors for a S&T to work though. The Blazers can create the cap space to sign him outright and he's from Seattle, some reports that he may land there.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lavine would still have to pick Detroit over other potential suitors for a S&T to work though. The Blazers can create the cap space to sign him outright and he's from Seattle, some reports that he may land there.

We can create the space to sign him outright too, but the fact of the matter is he gets a much bigger deal in a S&T.  Maybe he ends up a Blazer but thats still a 3 hour drive to Seattle so its not like he is in his home town.  Could also be a 4 hour plane trip from Detroit.  The question is then would he rather play with Dame on the downside of his career or with Cade on the upswing of his along with other top end young talent in this draft.  Again I am not in these guys heads, but a lot can impact these decisions.  I am not saying Detroit is likely, but it is a possibility.  

I have also heard San Antonio for Lavine.  He is good friends with Dejounte Murray so could want to go play with him.  

17 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We can create the space to sign him outright too, but the fact of the matter is he gets a much bigger deal in a S&T.  Maybe he ends up a Blazer but thats still a 3 hour drive to Seattle so its not like he is in his home town.  Could also be a 4 hour plane trip from Detroit.  The question is then would he rather play with Dame on the downside of his career or with Cade on the upswing of his along with other top end young talent in this draft.  Again I am not in these guys heads, but a lot can impact these decisions.  I am not saying Detroit is likely, but it is a possibility.  

I have also heard San Antonio for Lavine.  He is good friends with Dejounte Murray so could want to go play with him.  

Seattle/Portland are still both in the Pacific Northwest so even though it's not technically his hometown it's still basically where he grew up. I'm assuming as a West Coast guy he'd also prefer to live in Portland rather than Detroit. And Dame was hurt this year but averaged like 30 ppg last season and the Blazers have been competitive. The Pistons are literally the second worst team in the NBA. The only way that he'll end up in Detroit either way though is if he chooses to go there. 

Which seems unlikely when the Spurs, Lakers, 76ers, Bulls, among other teams want to acquire him.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure a 1 for 1 would, right? Doubt it. So I was curious what might make it work. 

I doubt the Jazz would consider it just because they have Donovan under contract for multiple years and Beal is on an expiring deal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt the Jazz would consider it just because they have Donovan under contract for multiple years and Beal is on an expiring deal. 

There would be some sign and trade assumptions, absolutely. Maybe too many moving parts though.