Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There would be some sign and trade assumptions, absolutely. Maybe too many moving parts though. 

I think if it gets to a point that the Jazz are trading Don, we're likely just going to blow it up and rebuild from the ground up.

• Like 1

I don't understand at all the Jazz considering moving on from Don unless he is pushing his way out.  Why trade an elite star at his age?  If you want to blow it up to try and find a better Robin, thats fine, but moving Don is foolish IMO.  The Mavs tried it with KP to go with Luka.  It didnt work out so they moved KP for two really good role players and it is working out.  Move Rudy for a couple pieces that can help and build that way. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't understand at all the Jazz considering moving on from Don unless he is pushing his way out.  Why trade an elite star at his age?  If you want to blow it up to try and find a better Robin, thats fine, but moving Don is foolish IMO.  The Mavs tried it with KP to go with Luka.  It didnt work out so they moved KP for two really good role players and it is working out.  Move Rudy for a couple pieces that can help and build that way. 

Yeah our main reporter said Don isn't going anywhere. Conley is likely getting moved, Rudy is 50/50, and no one else is safe.

I hope that we trade Rudy to Atlanta for DeAndre Hunter, Clint Capela, Jalen Johnson, and #16.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah our main reporter said Don isn't going anywhere. Conley is likely getting moved, Rudy is 50/50, and no one else is safe.

I hope that we trade Rudy to Atlanta for DeAndre Hunter, Clint Capela, Jalen Johnson, and #16.

That would be a solid deal and similar to what Dallas did.  I have seen some suggest Cappella and Bogdanovich with a pick for Rudy.  Thats probably more likely. 

Who do you think takes on Conley's deal?  What type of assets in return do you think they can get?  He is solid but its still a lot to pay a 35/36 year old over the next couple of years.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That would be a solid deal and similar to what Dallas did.  I have seen some suggest Cappella and Bogdanovich with a pick for Rudy.  Thats probably more likely. 

Who do you think takes on Conley's deal?  What type of assets in return do you think they can get?  He is solid but its still a lot to pay a 35/36 year old over the next couple of years.  

The Jazz want DeAndre Hunter as the centerpiece in a Rudy Gobert deal. Hunter is going into the final year of his rookie deal and wants a big extension, they'll have to go deep into the tax to keep him. Capela, Bogdanovic, and a pick would be an absolutely terrible return and makes us significantly worse. No way that we trade Rudy because of our defensive shortcomings in the playoffs for a significantly worse rim protector and another wing that doesn't defend. 

Two trades I've seen floated around are Conley for Fouriner and Conley for Marcus Morris. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I've been running through countless trade scenarios, Danny Ainge is going to have to work some miracles.

If I know anything about Danny, he wont. He will make the move you werent expecting and then it either works like gangbusters or blows up. 

If the Blazers get a top 3 pick, are they still trading it or are they using it to draft a player? Because all 3 of Chet/Paolo/Jabari would fit very well alongside Dame and give them a young, potential franchise player for years to come even after Dame than getting overzealous trying to trade it to create a window that doesn't really exist.

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If I know anything about Danny, he wont. He will make the move you werent expecting and then it either works like gangbusters or blows up. 

Ainge has at least shown a willingness to swing for the fences which is the opposite of what we've done.

Wizards Receive

#4 overall pick

Kings Receive

#10 overall pick

F Deni Avdija

Wizards 2025 1st Lotto protected 

Wizards need a PG, Kings don't.  Jaden Ivey is the consensus 4th best player in the class.  Avdija gives the Kings a forward with size for their rotation and they can still take a depth player at 10, or trade it again for someone who can  help them make the playoffs now. 

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i don't even know if these are legal but i have been seeing some ind rumors for ayton

ayton for brogdon/turner

or #6/Turner for ayton

what do y'all think about those?

I think that they're illegal trades tbh. 

Brogdon and Turner would help the Suns if they're healthy but neither guy has shown that they have the ability to play more than like 40 games a season. 

Turner/#6 would be solid if you believe in Turner's ability to stay healthy, but Turner is on a 1 yr/$18M deal. I wonder who you'd target at #6 though, best case would be Ivey?

On 5/18/2022 at 5:45 AM, MKnight82 said:

Wizards Receive

#4 overall pick

Kings Receive

#10 overall pick

F Deni Avdija

Wizards 2025 1st Lotto protected 

Wizards need a PG, Kings don't.  Jaden Ivey is the consensus 4th best player in the class.  Avdija gives the Kings a forward with size for their rotation and they can still take a depth player at 10, or trade it again for someone who can  help them make the playoffs now. 

Ivey isn't a PG though, he's a combo guard similar to Oladipo (pre-injury)/Donovan Mitchell. I'm sure that he could play alongside Beal though and gives them a backup plan in case Beal moves on.

On 5/24/2022 at 12:14 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

or #6/Turner for ayton

what do y'all think about those?

I like this deal a lot more than the Brogdon/Turner for Ayton deal personally. Brogdon has 3 yr/$75M left on his deal, will be 30 this season, and hasn't been able to stay healthy over the past three years. 

Turner has had his injury issues over the last three seasons as well but he's only on a 1 yr/$18M deal so there's not a long term commitment to him. If he can stay healthy he fits well with what you guys like to do as a center that protects the rim and can space the floor. I think his ability to space would actually help both Paul and Booker get to the rim more.

Ideally you could then add someone like Jaden Ivey at #6.