NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Man Zeke is is off to a HOT start from 3 in his short career. Was 4/6 from 3 the other night, 4/4 tonight. Maybe a mirage (like Zion's debut...), but if he's stroking it at a good rate all year that's huge. Was not really thought of as shooter at all coming out of Zona, and dare I say would have been a lotto pick if he was hitting 3s in college? 

It's his defensive versatility that has me the most excited about him. The 3 ball will obviously tail off to some degree, but if he can produce defensively like he did last night, then Connelly has nailed it again.

Obviously he didn't stop Lebron, but when AD went out that had Lebron going nuts written all over it. Zeke helped keep Lebron away from the rim and he looks so smooth off the PnR switches. Malone talked bout his intelligence after the game and it showed.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Facu is a highlight machine, but it's been pretty boom or bust on offense. He'll foolishly take it up into the trees and get swatted, or have a careless TO. Still needs to adjust to NBA on that end... but his defense on the perimeter is FIERCE. That was a big knock coming over here from what I remember, that his size and athleticism would make him a defensive liability and keep him out of NBA rotations, but he's overcoming that with effort. Just a true pest out there. Don't know if it will be here, but I would love to see if he can develop into a starting PG in this league... might be a bit too late, but at least looks like he'll become a solid rotation piece.

I have been really impressed with Facu. I absolutely love some of the grit/veteran stuff he brings to the nuggets. They needed a pest. He's a genius as a basketball player. Obviously the size and shooting limits ceiling, but as a bench guy? I think it's going really well. He actually leads the nuggets in +/-, FWIW. 

The Zeke stuff is a hugeeee development. I knew his ceiling as a shooter, but I was unsure if he was a stretch 5 or could play the 4 and move those puppies on the perimeter. Like @lomaxgrUKsaid, it looks pretty promising. If he can play sooner rather than later at a rotation player level that really improves the roster. They simply need a big guy that can defend on the perimeter. He still has more of a body for a more traditional stretch 4, but early returns are pretty promising. And RJ looks nice. Nuggets FO may have nailed another draft....lol 

Good win last night. If Jamal Murray is his best self the nuggets are closer to the level they were at last year. If he's average the Nuggets are mid. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Saddiq Bey won EC player of the week, so at least the Pistons have that.

tho i have no idea why he won it lol

i guess the pistons were the only team in the east to win 3 gms in the week

He had 3 solid games though. Greek put up better stats but in losses.