NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NFL Draft day 2 straight into Suns/Jazz should be fun.

Don't think the Nuggets can take the 3rd seed just looking at the schedules, but we'll see.

If Dallas beats Detroit today they'll be a game behind the Lakers for the 5th seed. Praying for a 3/6 Clippers/Lakers matchup in round 1. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If Dallas beats Detroit today they'll be a game behind the Lakers for the 5th seed. Praying for a 3/6 Clippers/Lakers matchup in round 1. 

Of course you are lol. If the Clippers knock out the Lakers while we are at our weakest, then it makes your guys path easier to the Finals. Then, the Clippers and Suns would have to face in the semis and you guys would get the Nuggets (out Murray) or Mavs. I think you would be pretty confident going into those series. I thought before Murray went down Nuggets and Jazz would be another great series if it happened. Unfortunate for Denver.

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Of course you are lol. If the Clippers knock out the Lakers while we are at our weakest, then it makes your guys path easier to the Finals. Then, the Clippers and Suns would have to face in the semis and you guys would get the Nuggets (out Murray) or Mavs. I think you would be pretty confident going into those series. I thought before Murray went down Nuggets and Jazz would be another great series if it happened. Unfortunate for Denver.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I’m not lying when I say minus Luka the Mavs are the worst team in the league. What a disgustingly bad organization.

The Bucks just gave up 143 to the friggin Rockets in a game Giannis played 49 seconds. 

The Bucks are just absolute **** without him. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

The Bucks just gave up 143 to the friggin Rockets in a game Giannis played 49 seconds. 

The Bucks are just absolute **** without him. 

Bucks are still okay without Giannis. There's teams FAR worse without their star player. The Warriors for example are like 1-7 without Steph. 

KD is now shooting 55/45/87 from the field. I said it last time, but the game has always been easy for him but now it's on another level. Like he's just ridiculously efficient and unstoppable. So fun to watch. 

When the Knicks traded for Rose it was hard not to roll your eyes. There goes Thibs again getting his guys. Here you had IQ playing well, but Knicks were gonna go waste more minutes on a vet... but that trade is looking like it potentially was the catalyst for this little turnaround from fighting for the 8 seed to possible top 4 seed and it is a joy to watch.

Knicks are 19-8 with Rose

Prior to his arrival (+ his 11 inactives since joining them) they were 16-20. 

He's the leader of a bench unit that has been the engine for this run. Averaging 13.6 pts on 49.2 eFG% and 4.1 assists a game, the Knicks are +11.5 with him on the court, and +11.6 points better with him on court vs off the court. Both numbers lead the Knicks by far. 

RJ and Randle have both seemed to get better as the season has went on, but ultimately it really looks like the key to the turnaround was Derrick Rose, and that's awesome. 

• Like 2

Loving the Defense from the Nuggets bench right now. It's not particularly pretty on the other end of the court, hence Malone having to sprinkle in Facu/MPJ with them, but I am not used to seeing the Defensive energy and cohesiveness that they are showing on Defense.

A lineup of Shaq Harrison, Austin Rivers, Paul Millsap, JaMichael Green and MPJ/Dozier/Facu would've scared the crap out of me a week ago - now, I really enjoy watching it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

KD is now shooting 55/45/87 from the field. I said it last time, but the game has always been easy for him but now it's on another level. Like he's just ridiculously efficient and unstoppable. So fun to watch. 

I’m seeing 59/47/88.... I know he hasn’t played a lot this year, but still that’s  insane. 

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m seeing 59/47/88.... I know he hasn’t played a lot this year, but still that’s  insane. 

I see 54/47/88 from nba.com and bball-reference but either way that's still insane. 

I remember watching Bron in 2017 or 2018 in the regular season and thinking wow, the game is a joke to him now… even Brian Scalabrine during a broadcast mentioned that…. Well, I have similar vibes watching KD now. Game is a joke to him lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I see 54/47/88 from nba.com and bball-reference but either way that's still insane. 

I remember watching Bron in 2017 or 2018 in the regular season and thinking wow, the game is a joke to him now… even Brian Scalabrine during a broadcast mentioned that…. Well, I have similar vibes watching KD now. Game is a joke to him lol. 

I was looking at basketball reference.

55.3% from the field

47.2% from 3PT

87.8% from FT... rounded it up to 88%

He has a 62.6% TS lol

And, yeah... he’s at that point in his career where he’s just so good and so experienced that he has an answer for everything. I love watching all time players after they hit 30 for that reason. They might not have their same athleticism but their experience makes up for it. Not like that 7’0” sharp shooter even needs much athleticism to get just about any shot when he wants it. 😅

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was looking at basketball reference.

55.3% from the field

47.2% from 3PT

87.8% from FT... rounded it up to 88%

He has a 62.6% TS lol

And, yeah... he’s at that point in his career where he’s just so good and so experienced that he has an answer for everything. I love watching all time players after they hit 30 for that reason. They might not have their same athleticism but their experience makes up for it. Not like that 7’0” sharp shooter even needs much athleticism to get just about any shot when he wants it. 😅

100000%, once they hit that mark, the game just slows down so much for them. What they lose in athleticism, they gain in the mental side of the game. 

That's why Bron to me was/is better in his 30s than he was during 2012/2013. Everyone points to that version of LeBron as being the best but he had weaknesses that he simply did not have in his 30s.

KD wasn't ever super athletic like that and that's why I had no fear of him returning to form after his Achilles injury. What he does well wasn't going to change because of that injury and he had the luxury of returning after 16 months when he was fully healthy. 

• Like 1