NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

And despite this, the team is mediocre as hell and get blown out by pretty much any good team lol.

Dude really is a free agent after next season and can walk. Crazy to think about. But if Klay is not able to return to form, who is to say Steph doesn't leave elsewhere? Hopefully Wiseman takes a big jump next season and the TWolves fall out of the top 3 so the Warriors can trade that pick for a good veteran contributor. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I hate Draymond's antics on the court, but gawd I love him off the court.

Yeah, I always respected his ability, but he’s really grown on me a lot these past years. I feel like he would be perfect for Inside the NBA. Just give him Shaq’s seat.

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

*Kenny Smith seat... 

Need Shaq and Barkley together. They feed off each other to good to break up. 

Shaq is terrible. He's been a bad addition to the show. They will get back to the glory days if they can replace him with someone competent 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And despite this, the team is mediocre as hell and get blown out by pretty much any good team lol.

Dude really is a free agent after next season and can walk. Crazy to think about. But if Klay is not able to return to form, who is to say Steph doesn't leave elsewhere? Hopefully Wiseman takes a big jump next season and the TWolves fall out of the top 3 so the Warriors can trade that pick for a good veteran contributor. 

Who is really a target? 

It really sucks about the Klay injury. The talent around Steph is brutal 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Who is really a target? 

It really sucks about the Klay injury. The talent around Steph is brutal 

Not really sure to be honest. To get a really good player they will likely have to package the #4 pick (If they get the TWolves 1st rounder) and Wiseman. Will the team want to do that though? They can be transitioning for the future but then I'm not sure if Steph will want to stay. This is why if they keep on to Wiseman, he needs to take a big leap and that's probably not realistic since it takes bigs longer to develop. And this is a guy that essentially had no college experience either. 

Tough position the team is in. Draymond is clearly declining and he's not going to get better even though his defense and playmaking have been good but if you run it back with this core, they may have a year or two at best to go for it. Obviously if you can get Beal you do it, but don't see that happening. 

Basically, I'm fully prepared for Steph to potentially walk after next season. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not really sure to be honest. To get a really good player they will likely have to package the #4 pick (If they get the TWolves 1st rounder) and Wiseman. Will the team want to do that though? They can be transitioning for the future but then I'm not sure if Steph will want to stay. This is why if they keep on to Wiseman, he needs to take a big leap and that's probably not realistic since it takes bigs longer to develop. And this is a guy that essentially had no college experience either. 

Tough position the team is in. Draymond is clearly declining and he's not going to get better even though his defense and playmaking have been good but if you run it back with this core, they may have a year or two at best to go for it. Obviously if you can get Beal you do it, but don't see that happening. 

Basically, I'm fully prepared for Steph to potentially walk after next season. 

And it's too bad about Oubre because if you talk about adding a solid starter for a 1st rounder...I would have definitely pinned him as a great option. Man I haven't even really considered Steph walking

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

And it's too bad about Oubre because if you talk about adding a solid starter for a 1st rounder...I would have definitely pinned him as a great option. Man I haven't even really considered Steph walking

Oubre has played better in February but yeah, was hoping for more from him this season. 

I wouldn't say it is likely that Steph leaves, but definitely do think there is a chance it happens if he realizes this team can't compete for a title anymore.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Zero chance Steph walks zero!! 

Bob Meyers and Joe Lacob will not allow that happen. Lacob has continued to show that he will do everything possible to build around Steph. 

Lol, you should know better than to throw out "zero chance" of him leaving. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Zero chance Steph walks zero!! 

Bob Meyers and Joe Lacob will not allow that happen. Lacob has continued to show that he will do everything possible to build around Steph. 

If Steph goes to them and says "Trade Wiseman and the Minnesota pick to get another great player and extend my window", and they decline...

Nah I feel comfortable with throwing out ZERO chance Curry is leaving. Steph ain’t built like that to leave.

Nothing from his career has shown that Steph would ever go to them and make that type of request. He believes so much into that system and culture that they built and that he built that he won’t make that type of request. 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Nah I feel comfortable with throwing out ZERO chance Curry is leaving. Steph ain’t built like that to leave.

Nothing from his career has shown that Steph would ever go to them and make that type of request. He believes so much into that system and culture that they built and that he built that he won’t make that type of request. 

In two years he leaves for the Hornets to be LaMelo's sidekick for his dad's old team/hometown team. 

• Like 1