NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I just keep telling myself if I could survive the Allen betrayal, the KG, Pierce and Rondo trades, I can survive Theis being traded but it doesn't feel like it right now

Rondo wouldn’t pass to him lol 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And there you have your Grant replacement @champ11.

really feel like this is great value for us. not many guys that can fit into that 3/4 mold next to MPJ and Jokic. obviously some concern with Gordon scaling his role down (he's never been the guy we need him to be) BUT on paper he's a perfect fit.

love harris. invaluable when healthy for us. but he's not healthy could be out for the year. i am happy we kept Barton because he is more likely to contribute in the playoffs.

LOVE RJ Hampton - but he was a luxury investment, IMO. I was surprised we traded a first for him. He's so young and we are ready to win now.

Great trade. I'm not HUGE on Gordon, but for this price? Easily worth the gamble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I will not tolerate any Walter Ray Allen slander

could have had his number up in the greatest rafters in sports. boston is a fickle crowd, he would have been a made man had he gone down with the ship like pierce and kg. a legacy stronger than being bron's sidekick. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

could have had his number up in the greatest rafters in sports. boston is a fickle crowd, he would have been a made man had he gone down with the ship like pierce and kg. a legacy stronger than being bron's sidekick. 

becc485d99a8f2bed006e69361f384d5.jpg

As KG and Pierce retired holding 1 figure up. Ray made a business decision and the right one. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

becc485d99a8f2bed006e69361f384d5.jpg

As KG and Pierce retired holding 1 figure up. Ray made a business decision and the right one. 

debatble, imo. now he's just known as the dude who ring chased and made a massive shot. i ain't sayin it's the right or wrong decision, i'm just saying there are few sports towns like boston and is this picture better than having your number up in the rafters to be talked about in 40 years amongst the greatest celtics in franchise history? cause miami doesn't care about him like milwaukee, boston or seattle

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

debatble, imo. now he's just known as the dude who ring chased and made a massive shot. i ain't sayin it's the right or wrong decision, i'm just saying there are few sports towns like boston and is this picture better than having your number up in the rafters to be talked about in 40 years amongst the greatest celtics in franchise history? cause miami doesn't care about him like milwaukee, boston or seattle

Legacy ain't business, baby. He made the right call. He hit a legendary shot that will live on in NBA history, he fine.

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

really feel like this is great value for us. not many guys that can fit into that 3/4 mold next to MPJ and Jokic. obviously some concern with Gordon scaling his role down (he's never been the guy we need him to be) BUT on paper he's a perfect fit.

love harris. invaluable when healthy for us. but he's not healthy could be out for the year. i am happy we kept Barton because he is more likely to contribute in the playoffs.

LOVE RJ Hampton - but he was a luxury investment, IMO. I was surprised we traded a first for him. He's so young and we are ready to win now.

Great trade. I'm not HUGE on Gordon, but for this price? Easily worth the gamble. 

value for orlando hinging on jokic turning heel on denver and leaving in '23 and things going to absolute **** in DEN and then us getting a pick in that 4-10 range in 2025. otherwise this a dub for denver 

Legacy ain't business, baby. He made the right call. He hit a legendary shot that will live on in NBA history, he fine.

i guess. i just think the shot would have meant more had it not been with a lebron team. 

say what yall want about the kg era celtics and i don't know how to describe them but they were the last team to have that old school mentality. blood in, blood out type **** and i wish that type of thing still existed in the nba. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

i guess. i just think the shot would have meant more had it not been with a lebron team. 

say what yall want about the kg era celtics and i don't know how to describe them but they were the last team to have that old school mentality. blood in, blood out type **** and i wish that type of thing still existed in the nba. 

But...and hear me out...they started the culture we're in now with super teams. 

But...and hear me out...they started the culture we're in now with super teams. 

i will admit that, fundamentally, yes, you are correct.  but contextually speaking, i disagree. p sure allen was not keen on going to the celtics and kg had to be talked out of leaving minnesota (and boston for that matter). now dudes are just like "send me here or i'm getting fat and covid"