NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

8 hours ago, amac said:

Point Zion is a god. Not many guys in history who’ve been this good this quick

Funny thing is, I feel his hype has died down, yet he’s playing at an insane level right now. I get it may be due to the Pels record, but he’s literally doing things we haven’t seen since Shaq.

Went to sleep after the first quarter of the Nets/Suns game thinking it was going to be a blowout without Kyrie and KD...Welp, guess not! 

What' crazy is the Nets have beaten the Jazz without KD and now the Suns without Kyrie and KD. They are now 10-1 against teams over .500 and their only loss was against the 76ers I believe..........And Kyrie/KD didn't play that game either. Only a matter of time until they get the #1 seed out East.

Dame Time needs to get more love for what he's doing with a banged up squad. I saw some All Star lists with him as the back up and that's a joke. Dame and Steph should be the starting guards and Luka off the bench.  

45 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Offensively Zion is a monster. Defensively he's atrocious. I thought he'd be way better on that end.

I think Zion's defensive struggles can be attributed to two things: 1.) With the power/explosiveness he plays with he has limited stamina so he purposely coasts on that end + 2.) He's kind of a tweener defensively as a guy that's not laterally quick enough to consistently stay in front of quicker guys on switches but not tall enough to defend true big men as he's only like 6'6. 

At Duke he was at his best defensively when he was used as a help side defender and rim protector. 

Edited by NYRaider