NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

As far as Tyler Herro, what did you expect to happen to a kid who just recently turned 21, blew up in the national spotlight due to the NBA bubble and had an offseason in which a rap song was named after him? Kid is slumping hard right now, but the talent is still there. Just needs to get his head on straight and get back to putting in the work that lead to his performance last year.

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

As far as Tyler Herro, what did you expect to happen to a kid who just recently turned 21, blew up in the national spotlight due to the NBA bubble and had an offseason in which a rap song was named after him? Kid is slumping hard right now, but the talent is still there. Just needs to get his head on straight and get back to putting in the work that lead to his performance last year.

He's also been in and out of the lineup all year for COVID-19 protocols.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

That's still dumb. Herro's 3P has abandoned him this season, but ever expecting him for Oladipo was setting yourself up for disappointment.

he isnt good lol.  only reason i wanted him was to see if a change of scenery would help him on a bad team like the rockets. 

8 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Zion just had his worst game in a long while and he still put up 29 on 50% shooting. His defense is a lot closer to serviceable now than the turnstile he was before, and because of it his on/off numbers have soared. He's gone from -1.3 to +3.7 just since ASB. NAW, Kira Lewis Jr, and Jaxson Hayes are all young players who have looked much better for us since the ASB and have formed a bench unit that not only isn't getting destroyed like before, they're actually doing really good and consistently beating other teams' benches. 

This team still needs to learn to close games though. Really badly.

Biggest issue is they play to not blow games...Which is when you blow games. The offense will be firing on all cylinders and then they go ultra conservative and let up 9-0 runs. Just keep doing whats working.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

you talking about that fluke bubble performance?

He was shooting the ball incredibly well before the bubble, so no. At the very least Herro is a very good shooter in his prime. I don't know why I bother, some people on this page will never cease to amaze me with their ability to call 21 year olds busts lmao

15 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He was shooting the ball incredibly well before the bubble, so no. At the very least Herro is a very good shooter in his prime. I don't know why I bother, some people on this page will never cease to amaze me with their ability to call 21 year olds busts lmao

nobody saying he is a bust bro.  im just saying so far he has shown he isnt a good player right now.  could he turn it around yes?  heat is still dumb for not including him for harden.  when the nets win a title as a result i bet they regret it. 

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

nobody saying he is a bust bro.  im just saying so far he has shown he isnt a good player right now.  could he turn it around yes?  heat is still dumb for not including him for harden.  when the nets win a title as a result i bet they regret it. 

Sure, I think everyone will regret not trading for Harden. He went for peanuts compared to what he shouldve gone for.

11 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

golden state has the best commentary crew 

Please tell me you are joking lol.

You should have heard them trashing LaMelo earlier in the season with Azubuike going after him for doing the three to the dome celebration and telling him to get his own celebration and how he can't refer to himself as Melo lol.

51 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

he isnt good lol.  only reason i wanted him was to see if a change of scenery would help him on a bad team like the rockets. 

He's not bad. He's still easily a positive asset. A slight shooting slump and forcing the issue doesn't diminish what we've seen and what his potential is.

He just turned 21 and is a key rotation piece for an EC contender. He just set the league on fire 6 months ago.

I know why you wanted him. That doesn't mean you should have expected him (plus picks...). I guess when you look to trade Eric Gordon next year you'll expect Immanuel Quickley or Tyrese Haliburton.

Still can't believe the Heat didn't go all out for Harden. They should have gone pretty much all in for him. I know they are trying to be in the Kawhi sweepstakes this offseason or eventually Beal, but they could have offered a better package than the Nets. Would have thrown Herro in that trade without blinking.

I'm pretty sure they could have gotten something done without having to give up Bam. If the Heat had Harden along with Butler and Bam? Lawd it would have been a wrap in the East. 

Speaking of the Kawhi, his Clippers are BALLIN right now. Blowing out the Bucks without PG? Impressive. Would have liked to see Tucker play but you can't play Brook much, especially if you are using the drop coverage and giving the best shooting team in the league good looks every trip down. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY