NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL right? Dude has missed more games than he has played.

The REAL MVP by literal definition is clearly the man that plays for Golden State though.........Lawd are they pathetic without him. 

Yeah, not sure why he was brought up.

I also think, depending on how the next couple weeks go, it's soon to eliminate Lillard. He's on the outside looking in right now, but if Portland climbs the rankings just a little with some big performances and Jokic puts up a few more pedestrian box score stats, then he'll be in the thick of it.

Right now Jokic is an easy favorite. Giannis is making his way into it with Lillard right there with him. Harden is "in it" because of injuries (not that he's not dominating, but what happened in Houston will be held against him).

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:
5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, not sure why he was brought up.

I just brought him up as one of the guys who used to be in it as a favorite. Not saying his chance didn’t pass a while ago.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Right now Jokic is an easy favorite. Giannis is making his way into it with Lillard right there with him. Harden is "in it" because of injuries (not that he's not dominating, but what happened in Houston will be held against him).

Jokic should be the favorite I’m not positive he is, but hope that’s the case right now. Harden has had a huge impact on that Nets team and has been playing defense too lol. What Kyrie and Lillard are doing offensively is crazy, but they don’t play any defense I have a hard time seeing them winning.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jokic should be the favorite I’m not positive he is, but hope that’s the case right now. Harden has had a huge impact on that Nets team and has been playing defense too lol. What Kyrie and Lillard are doing offensively is crazy, but they don’t play any defense I have a hard time seeing them winning.

Kyrie actually plays defense tho. Not saying he’s very good or anything but he’s also not a liability that people would think. He’s a far better defender than Dame.

I don't think Lillard can't play defense, I think its schematic for whatever reason. I don't believe that the Blazers individually are that poor of defenders 

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Kyrie actually plays defense tho. Not saying he’s very good or anything but he’s also not a liability that people would think. He’s a far better defender than Dame.

He may be better than I’m giving him credit for, but he’s still below average.

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't think Lillard can't play defense, I think its schematic for whatever reason. I don't believe that the Blazers individually are that poor of defenders 

C’mon man. I’m a huge Lillard fan but there is no way around his defense being poor. 

You see the one at the very bottom with his face covered? Only his teammate Simons has been worse by their metrics as he’s had easier match-up quality and the only player with a lower overall D-LEBRON rating and if you wanna know what goes into it. Here is a ‘brief’ description:

https://www.bball-index.com/lebron-introduction/

Offensively on the other hand..... whew buddy

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
On 3/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, FinneasGage said:

clips announcers suck

gonna start power ranking these now that i'm unretired from watching basketball

1. golden state
2. orlando
3. los angeles clippers 

1. golden state
2. orlando
3. utah