NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He just kills the spacing on a team that needs it with how the two best players operate. They are going to have to attach a draft pick in the summer and get rid of his deal. NAW and Ball need to start going forward. This team can make a leap next season but they need to get rid of his contract ASAP.

You guys are loaded as is @champ11, but I so wish you guys made a move for Zo. Not sure if it was possible to get Zo and Gordon both, but this team would have been a HUGE problem with those two. Zo getting those open looks with Jokic and running the pick and pop/roll with the big fella and finding MPJ/Gordon on back cuts and runs to the rim??? Match made in heaven. 

Yeah, Zo would have been fun. Honestly tho, Will Barton (even with an up and down year coming back from injuries), is about as good of a fit as you can get at that spot with that price / level of player. 

in 4 games (4-0) with Gordon the starting lineup has a net rating of +33.9. it's ridiculous. the lineup is just a perfect fit man 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think Lonzo was as available as the media portrayed him to be, he's a legitimate perfect fit with Zion so I don't think New Orleans really had much interest in moving him. 

Bledsoe's deal should actually be pretty easy to move this offseason, he's only partially guaranteed in 2022-23 so he's essentially on an expiring contract. Pelicans certainly have some young talent to work with, NAW and Hayes seem to have both taken pretty big steps. 

Oh, Zo definitely fits very well with Zion. I don't know their numbers together on the floor this season, but last season Zion was much better when Zo was on the floor with him. And now that Zo is legitimately becoming a knock down shooter from the perimeter, his fit is only getting better. 

Next step for Zo has to be to start putting more pressure on defenses at the rim and start looking for his own shot at the rim. He's becoming a very solid FT shooter so he should no longer fear getting fouled and sent to the line. Averaging only one FT a game is embarrassing. 

His career trajectory is continuing to be JKidd-esque though. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, Zo definitely fits very well with Zion. I don't know their numbers together on the floor this season, but last season Zion was much better when Zo was on the floor with him. And now that Zo is legitimately becoming a knock down shooter from the perimeter, his fit is only getting better. 

Next step for Zo has to be to start putting more pressure on defenses at the rim and start looking for his own shot at the rim. He's becoming a very solid FT shooter so he should no longer fear getting fouled and sent to the line. Averaging only one FT a game is embarrassing. 

His career trajectory is continuing to be JKidd-esque though. 

Yeah they've got some nice building blocks for sure. Will be exciting to watch as Zion continues to get better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah they've got some nice building blocks for sure. Will be exciting to watch as Zion continues to get better.

Definitely need a wing defender and some shooters this offseason. If they miss the playoffs and get a top 10ish pick, need to get an athletic wing. Williams or Cristopher wouldn't be bad picks. 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely need a wing defender and some shooters this offseason. If they miss the playoffs and get a top 10ish pick, need to get an athletic wing. Williams or Cristopher wouldn't be bad picks. 

For sure. I think they'll end up in a play-in game at least. Ziaire Williams is the ideal fit but he seems like a guy who will sky rocket pre-draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

SGA has more drives per game than anyone since they started tracking it ('13 szn). By a lot, Luka is 2nd. 

SGA is at 25, Luka is at 21. 

One of the top finishers in the game as well, right? 

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, Zo would have been fun. Honestly tho, Will Barton (even with an up and down year coming back from injuries), is about as good of a fit as you can get at that spot with that price / level of player. 

in 4 games (4-0) with Gordon the starting lineup has a net rating of +33.9. it's ridiculous. the lineup is just a perfect fit man 

Scary for sure. Bench needs some help but that starting line up is stacked. 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Scary for sure. Bench needs some help but that starting line up is stacked. 

i'm not too worried about the bench honestly. it's plenty of talent and gonna stagger in the playoffs and cut the rotation. but yeah figuring out a workable 4/5 man unit of bench guys with how the talent fits is kinda tough. i think building it around monte/javale (he got his first run last night) could be effective. 

thunder announcers down 20 to the pistons: there simply isn't a better place to develop as a young player in the entire league than okc (almost a direct quote)

wolves announcers up 10 on the kings: if everyone was healthy the whole year this team might've been undefeated (paraphrasing)