NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Man, why people keep coming for Rudy? Is it because he shut the league down last year?

If he thinks he should win DPOTY over Gobert he's tripping hard.

That analytic stat I posted Gobert's defensive portion of the stat was 4.81 and the next closest in the league was Myles Turner at 3.08. That is a huge gap. The next closest are Capela and Gasol at 2.68 and 2.66 respectively. 

Where is Ben Simmons?

Down at 1.44 which isn't even top 35. He's 4th on his own team. The highest is Thybulle then Embiid then Harris then Simmons then Howard not too far behind him. Lakers have 4 players over him too and LeBron isn't that far behind and he's definitely been coasting more on d this year than last year. I get Simmons takes tough match-ups a lot of the time, but nah you ain't winning DPOTY this year.

lol... who are the pg/wing draft prospects that can really shoot?

Edit: One in the Lakers range so like somewhere in the early to mid 20s probably.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Lakers and air balls I swear... especially Kuzma lately. Dude has air balled at least like 6 threes and 2 or 3 free throws (!!!) lol... I need him to get it together. Had a side of the backboard shot and air ball in the first quarter smh. He started the season off really good, but man lately he's been bad. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol... who are the pg/wing draft prospects that can really shoot?

Edit: One in the Lakers range so like somewhere in the early to mid 20s probably.

Corey Kispert will probably fall down to the 15-22 range after kind of getting exposed defensively in the tournament, he's a sharp shooter. Chris Duarte is another really good shooting wing that will go in the 20-30 range. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Corey Kispert will probably fall down to the 15-22 range after kind of getting exposed defensively in the tournament, he's a sharp shooter. Chris Duarte is another really good shooting wing that will go in the 20-30 range. 

Yeah, Vogel won't want someone who can be a liability defensively. 

I'll look into Duarte though. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Man, why people keep coming for Rudy? Is it because he shut the league down last year?

Ben Simmons is Rajon Rondo in LeBron James body. Boy couldn't even make the ECF with Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, and Joel Embiid on his team. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, Vogel won't want someone who can be a liability defensively. 

I'll look into Duarte though. 

Kispert will likely be gone before the Lakers pick, he's Joe Harris 2.0. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If he thinks he should win DPOTY over Gobert he's tripping hard.

Yeah, Gobert is the reason that Utah is such a good defensive team. Philly has a collection of good defenders and having Embiid certainly helps Simmons defensively. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ben Simmons is Rajon Rondo in LeBron James body. Boy couldn't even make the ECF with Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, and Joel Embiid on his team. 

His absolute refusal to even try and shoot, like dude sure some guys just can't and can't learn, but you have to ATTEMPT it. And he flatly refuses. ***** made. Will never be an alpha, if they win it's on Embiid's coattails.