NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

26 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol imagine thinking Kemba is better than Kyrie. Kemba doesn’t even believe that. Funny what hate does to people 

lol I don't hate Kyrie. I'm just not trusting Kyrie to lead an organization after what we've already even seen from him THIS year. I know it ain't hard for you to understand. 

I will take a team first player over a me first player any day of the week and Kyrie is the worst me first player in allllll the land 

Nets big win tonight. I saw Kyrie poke fun at LeBron for his badly missed free throw lol. Anyways, hopefully both teams can be at full strength and meet in the Finals. Nets need KD back and the Lakers really need AD back. Again big win tonight by the Nets. We are getting better and better and that’s scary considering KD, Kyrie, and Harden has only played 7 games together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Went on Twitter and LeBron/Laker fans saying this game doesn’t matter lol funny how that works 

I mean it doesn't really. I wasn't expecting a win, but that performance was still painful to watch.

They haven't been looking to shoot threes that much these past weeks and its been getting on my nerves. They started off hot from three to start the year and been shaky at best from distance recentlyToday they shot a decent amount, but only 26% from three and the Nets made more than 2x the threes we did while going 46%. As a team we made 8 threes total... TLC and Joe Harris hit 11 of them.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Marc Gasol do anything besides brick 3s? 

Still a solid defender. His per 36 mins his blocks are at a career high rate right now, but he's also playing a career low in minutes too. He's usually in pretty good position defensively. He's a smart player and can really spread the floor for Trez to score or he's good at hitting cutters whether that be Kuz, Caruso, Bron, KCP, or whoever. There are a lot of good cutters out there. Obviously his foot speed hurts in certain match-ups and he'll need to be used less for some series or for when certain guys are out there. I still like Gasol, but would like to add a player soon from the buyout market or at the trade deadline.

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol imagine thinking Kemba is better than Kyrie. Kemba doesn’t even believe that. Funny what hate does to people 

lol imagine being so dense that you don't even read people's full posts saying that kyrie is a better baller and then take what is actually being said about preferring a team player to him and turn it into kemba is a better baller than kyrie. Funny what lack of reading comprehension does to people. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

lol imagine being so dense that you don't even read people's full posts saying that kyrie is a better baller and then take what is actually being said about preferring a team player to him and turn it into kemba is a better baller than kyrie. Funny what lack of reading comprehension does to people. 

Lool I couldnt care less how he phrased it. Better teammate, better team player, better looking or whatever he said. You thinking that you somehow opened my mind or that I missed something is cute tho. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

Lakers best line up of slowing down the Nets will be with Shroeder/Caruso/KCP/Bron/AD. You can put in Kuzma in there for KCP depending on the type of game they are having but that line up can pretty much switch everything and contain the dribble penetration. Yesterday they were making some silly mistakes on their rotation and kept leaving Harris wide open. They overreacted to a few of Harden's drives where he was just thinking pass all along. It's going to be a great 7 game series, best finals since Warriors/Cavs in 2016. 

As for the Nets, it is clear they can put together enough solid defensive performances when they want to. They won't be consistent with the personnel but have it in them to play good enough to win it all. It's going to be interesting to see if teams can play Harris off the court by attacking him or if he holds his own defensively because he's a cheat code with the attention the other three attract. Harris really may end up shooting close to 50% from down town with the amount of open looks he gets every game. 

I know the Nets defense sucks, but man it's hard not to think them at full health will outscore anybody in the playoffs.

I also love how the media way overreacted to LeBron hitting 40% of his 3s through the first 20 or so games this season. Clearly unsustainable and now he's regressing to the mean.

Edited by seminoles1