NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Zion doesn't elevate anyone. He's a get his player right now and I said that multiple times. The W/L thing was me being facetious (big word for ya guys, I know). Prove me wrong and show me how he elevates others around him. He simply doesn't. Call me when he takes that next step and isn't just a box score stud.

He's in the same tier as KAT. Both guys are supremely individually talented and neither elevates his team despite the talent. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Zion doesn't elevate anyone. He's a get his player right now and I said that multiple times. The W/L thing was me being facetious (big word for ya guys, I know). Prove me wrong and show me how he elevates others around him. He simply doesn't. Call me when he takes that next step and isn't just a box score stud.

He's in the same tier as KAT. Both guys are supremely individually talented and neither elevates his team despite the talent. 

Ah, the old "I was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic and you're just too dumb to see it" backtrack.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Ah, the old "I was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic and you're just too dumb to see it" backtrack.

Oh no, there's no "backtracking" here, my man. I'm still fully on the same train. But, hey, if you think I'm an idiot, then that's fine. I don't really give two ****s about it. Call me when your boy elevates players around him. He needs to take another step like Julius Randle finally did. Randle was an empty stats player until this year. Thibs put him in a role to impact the game and he's running with it. If you think you know me, like you're pretending to do, you'd know I said the same **** about Randle as I am about Zion. When Zion proves he can elevate others around him, I'll give him his due. But, you do you, homie. Always the smartest guy in the room, amirite.

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm anti-empty stats, people. Not anti-Zion ffs. I've argued against players like that for YEARS on here. How is it this hard to understand?

I really don’t think you’ve watched Zion enough. He has an insane amount of gravity and has developed a lot as a passer a lot quicker than expected. Our roster is pretty badly constructed and we don’t have shooters or spacing, that shouldn’t fall on him, as it’s pretty much the antithesis of the kind of team you’d want to put around him. Someone that can dominate as the main point of attack and be a solid distributor is not an empty stats guy

1 minute ago, amac said:

I really don’t think you’ve watched Zion enough. He has an insane amount of gravity and has developed a lot as a passer a lot quicker than expected. Our roster is pretty badly constructed and we don’t have shooters or spacing, that shouldn’t fall on him, as it’s pretty much the antithesis of the kind of team you’d want to put around him. Someone that can dominate as the main point of attack and be a solid distributor is not an empty stats guy

He has gravity because you know what he's going to do. Does he consistently kick it out to open players? Or does he have the Giannis "problem" where he's going to the rim no matter what? Filling out the roster will obviously help as will additional steps up in his game. I've watched what's been available to me IRT Zion and he looks a lot like Giannis did early on. Promising but he's got to keep developing.

Right now, it's empty stats. He has to add to his game just like Giannis has to continually add to it. They're cut from the same cloth. Giannis didn't start impacting games until he took that additional step. You could see it in year 4 for Giannis so in no way am I writing off Zion whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

@beekay414 has always been a Zion hater.

Yes, that's what it is. Just because I don't slurp all over his nuts doesn't mean I'm a friggin' "hater" which, btw, is some teenage type bull**** to even try to mention.

Call me when you can have a conversation without getting offended.