NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

9 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This might be a bit nit picky but for as physically dominant and overwhelming Embiid is his FG% should be quite a bit higher than it is now and definitely much higher than his career FG%.

Probably a bit nitpicky. His career TS% (though the caveat being this year is a real outlier that inflates the number) is higher than Kareem, Wilt, Moses, Shaq, and I could go on. Harping simply on FG% doesn't paint the whole picture considering what we know about efficiency now.

But I do agree that, considering how much stronger he is than most of his opponents, it seems like it should be easier for him to work his way into easier buckets. He uses that, plus his elite flopping ability, to get FTs at an all-time great rate though.

Love Jrue, but if Milwaukee had traded for CP3………… 

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Probably a bit nitpicky. His career TS% (though the caveat being this year is a real outlier that inflates the number) is higher than Kareem, Wilt, Moses, Shaq, and I could go on. Harping simply on FG% doesn't paint the whole picture considering what we know about efficiency now.

But I do agree that, considering how much stronger he is than most of his opponents, it seems like it should be easier for him to work his way into easier buckets. He uses that, plus his elite flopping ability, to get FTs at an all-time great rate though.

Yeah, shooting at a career level this year but compared to other bigs his size, he settles more from the perimeter. 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

yeah I understand that looking at  FG% on its own is a flawed measure. I just brought it up to highlight what you just said which is that he should be taking advantage of his physical dominance by banging down low rather than settling. Especially that there aren’t really the bigs in today’s  game that could check him. I think he’s definitely doing it more now than ever before though tbh. 

Curious to see where people will rank CP3 among all time PGs when all is said and done. One of the most complete true PGs ever.

Aside from a couple guys you could make a case for him over just about anyone

26 minutes ago, amac said:

Curious to see where people will rank CP3 among all time PGs when all is said and done. One of the most complete true PGs ever.

If he could win just one title as more than just a veteran contributor (not saying he is this right now, but no Ray Allen on the Heat type role in the future) I think he will be placed WAY up there

39 minutes ago, amac said:

I mean, he's easily top 10. I think comfortably top 5. Hard to argue him over Magic or Steph, but with a title (with some hero play from him to help overcome some of his playoff gaffes) it's hard to argue anyone else over him.

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This might be a bit nit picky but for as physically dominant and overwhelming Embiid is his FG% should be quite a bit higher than it is now and definitely much higher than his career FG%.

His TS% is 63.6% this year, that's pretty damn good. Historically he's been less efficient than you'd expect though.

1 hour ago, amac said:

3rd

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

suns v jazz tomorrow, winner is the 1 seed

den v LAC on saturday, possibly for who gets to play the lakers in R1

NFL Draft day 2 straight into Suns/Jazz should be fun.

Don't think the Nuggets can take the 3rd seed just looking at the schedules, but we'll see.