NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

16 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

lakers, blazers and mavs all have the same amount of losses

1 goes to the play-in

That Lakers Blazers game is gonna be huge. If we win that we'll have the tie breaker over the Mavs and Blazers if we finish with the same record to finish the year... but right now with Blazers being hot and us looking like a hot mess I'm not really expecting it.

9 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I think Drummond is bad. I will never understand what’s happening in LA with Gasol. 

It's a travesty. I don't care if Gasol can't play a lot of minutes. He should still have at least 2 stints in there for like 15 mins at least.

I like the play in games. It makes a lot of these late season game more interesting and more meaningful. Gives these teams who are a 8th seed or 7th seed reasons to still try to win towards the end of the season. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

I like the play in games. It makes a lot of these late season game more interesting and more meaningful. Gives these teams who are a 8th seed or 7th seed reasons to still try to win towards the end of the season. 

I mean it has its pros and cons. It would suck to be a top 4-5 seed for most of the season then end up 7th cause of injuries late in the year and have to play in, but I mean it does make things more interesting. I don't really have a problem with it I mean you don't wanna go home then win, but I do understand the frustration if you were a top team had some bad luck down the stretch with injuries and then your season comes down to like 1 or 2 games. If we can't win a play in game though then I'd rather it just end there then lose to the Clippers lol. 

And the format of it favors the team with a lower seed. Having to win one game instead of two is a big difference. 

If the Lakers can’t beat Memphis one time outta two games then that’s on them lol or any lower seeded team. 

Just don’t need the Lakers matching up with with Warriors in the play in game. Lakers Twitter would be insufferable. Only be funny if we beat you

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The play-in games are definitely a cash grab. They made sense in the bubble and maybe this year cause of COVID absences, but for a normal NBA season there is no real sensical reason for them.

disagree

they already done their job and the best part hasn't even happened

it was to make the end of the reg szn more meaningful and add drama. check

then we get lebron, curry, zion, ja, luka, dame in win or go home gms? that's fun

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

disagree

they already done their job and the best part hasn't even happened

it was to make the end of the reg szn more meaningful and add drama. check

then we get lebron, curry, zion, ja, luka, dame in win or go home gms? that's fun

Its dumb cause you are rewarding teams for sucking for 72 or 82 games.

I never said it doesn't add drama. That it definitely does cause you have more teams competing for only less spots. But, there is no real reason for it as far as rewarding teams for what they did in the regular season. Like if a 10th seed is 5 or 6 games worse than the 7th seed why do they deserve a chance to get in? It just doesn't make sense.