NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

And the format of it favors the team with a lower seed. Having to win one game instead of two is a big difference. 

But, that's not the point.

If the NBA never needed a play-in before. Why does it need it now? You're rewarding losing teams.

It made legit sense last year cause of a pandemic that caused uneven amount of games played. 

Does it make sense for the league cause it adds drama and creates basically a little extended playoffs? Sure which is why it probably isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't make it right. 

I thought the play-in was dumb long before the Lakers were in contention. If we were 31-32 like the  Spurs I would still think its dumb from a rewarding teams for what they did in the regular season perspective. Like trust me there will be years when the 7 seed is like 7-10 games better than the 10 seed. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Its dumb cause you are rewarding teams for sucking for 72 or 82 games.

the 7th and 8th seed have to go 0-2 vs mediocre teams to not make the playoffs

if they can't stop that from happening why should we care about their chances vs the 1/2 seed?

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the 7th and 8th seed have to go 0-2 vs mediocre teams to not make the playoffs

if they can't stop that from happening why should we care about their chances vs the 1/2 seed?

Again. This is missing the point.

lmao facts this team has been worse since they came back... they were playing unselfish basketball when they didn't have them with lots of off movement and going at it on defense. the offense still sucked but at least they were trying to play the right way.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Again. This is missing the point.

the point of the play-in has been successful. 

we're not caring about the value of the 7th and 8th seeds reg szn enough to stop it lol

this last 2-3 weeks has been/will continue to be incredibly important for LA, Dallas, Portland, Memphis, San Antonio, Golden State, New Orleans kinda, Knicks, Hawks, Heat, Celtics, Hornets, Pacers, Wizards, Raptors, Bulls. 

then we get a tourney

that is way better than caring about the reg szns of the 7th and 8th seeds lol

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Are laker fans finally accepting how trash and overrated and trash Drummond is yet?

I think you would be surprised by how much he's been trashed on Twitter for weeks now. Then again I don't follow clueless Lakers fans so maybe the ones who just touted his rebounding numbers are catching up now.

50 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

ding ding ding..... intelligent life does exist 

literally the same amount of teams make the playoffs...

it's called a play-in because you have to play yourself into the playoffs lol

it devalues the reg szn of the 7th/8th seed, who cares

I just don’t see the point of a play in game. I don’t think the players are even for it. What the reason even for it? To spice things up? If so that’s a pretty crappy reason for it. In the grand scheme of things it don’t really matter all that much but i still find it unnecessary to be honest